Back to drinking water

Archives1

Staff member
So i've been on a health kick as of late - trying to eat healthier and drink water rather than soda and sugary drinks.

The problem is, is that my body isn't used to water (Which has happened to me in the past) but my bladder control goes right down the drain when i start drinking water again - which means going to be the bathroom every 5-7 minutes.

Its so annonying. Don't get me wrong - i feel alot better drinking water - i just dont like the fact that i have very little control of my bladder when i do. But i know in time it will balance back out once im fully hydrated.

Haven't posted in a while - so these are my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

I find this phenomenon odd also!
I don't drink much interesting stuff but found I like Monster Energy drinks zero sugar which technically is like a soda.
The interesting comparison is it doesn't go through me "like water" as the saying goes.

I try to drink 80oz a day due to my Type 2 and keeping blood sugar under control.. Unfortunately we all know the wonderful side effects of all of that liquid!!

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, plus about 32oz. of pink lemonade, my favorite. Occasionally I'll have a beer, and maybe root beer

I, like MayMay, have a liking for Monster. I usually have my 32 oz cup and will fill it with about 20oz water, then half of the can of monster. This keeps me from drinking too much monster each day, while also making sure I am hydrated. The down side is the leaking more often, but the upside is less smell and for sure less spasms and pain.

I had a hard time at first with the idea that drinking more was actually better with UI, but it really is for me important to stay hydrated with water.

Oh artjr I blame my irritated pulsing bladder on huge amounts of lemonade which only resolved to nocturnal incontinence after switching to two cup of coffee and water water water

I dearly love lemonade...to this day....

Hey Honeecombs no word on getting an emotional support cat?

Could you volunteer for cat socializing at the shelter if not?

Maymay941 said:
Hey Honeecombs no word on getting an emotional support cat?

Could you volunteer for cat socializing at the shelter if o?

No not yet; hopefully soon though - i have an appointment for college classes next week and getting some more things for my apartment - trying to decorate here and there best I can to make it feel as homey as the apartment I lived in prior.

In regards to Monster - Energy Drinks are really bad in the long term. They are good and provide little bursts of energy and i really enjoyed them in my early to mid twenties - but I stopped after i developed severe bladder problems. I sometimes wonder if they were the cause of my bladder condition and problems due to my young age.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

for sure not healthy! They just taste so damn good and the burst of caffeine is what I want. One day I will cut that out and just do water. I have found things like LMNT and other "salt tabs" that have electrolytes and flavor to help quench that need.

Wetdad what is LMNT? Is it a n acronym?
I hate Gatorade but I. Hot weather something besides plain water would be nice

Thank you I have only had a monster on rare occasions.
After I figured out lemonade by the gallon had ruined me I won't give up my rather strong morning coffee but switched to plain water.
Sometimes in the heart of summer I know I need electrolytes though

I'm drinking Hint water which, as the name indicates, has a hint of whatever flavor you choose. I like mango and also cherry. I've also found that I can tolerate fruit smoothies, mainly mango or pineapple.
I have to go to the bathroom about once a hour until from 7:00 until 1:00 and then I can go for 2 1/2 hours in the afternoons and evenings.

@Honeeecombs This is exactly what happens to me. Let us know if you do indeed get used to the water and how long it takes. I don’t.

I once heard that our bodies need to do very little to process water- I assume that whatever hydration your tissues require will be absorbed, and the rest is carried out to the bladder, 'rinsing' or 'cleansing' as it goes. Apparently, though, (and I think you alluded to this) there is an adjustment period when we switch to water as our main drink, but thereafter, things settle down, and the benefits of water intake are realized. Good luck.

That makes sense to Jeffswet!
I think I remember it was about a week for me.

What's rather funny is it all started with getting a new refrigerator that has a water dispenser. It was so cold and fresh it was like a beverage! We called it Delicious Water and it is rather irresistible to this day! It is so easy to fill a glass and drink and drink another. Like a soda dispenser in a convenience store just press it to the button and presto! Delicious Water!

Remind s me of the fanciest bottled water which it is too expensive to drink in quantity.

Water goes through me like everyone I guess. My go-to beverage has become the low calorie version of apple juice at Walmart.

BTW, in 6 hours I'll be having my non-functioning Medtronic neurostimulator (It was implanted on June 8) explanted and having my fourth new one implanted. A new surgeon with a new location will be doing the work. Hopefully, the fourth time will be the one that changes my OAB to an improved QoL.

fleemoore said:
Water goes through me like everyone I guess. My go-to beverage has become the low calorie version of apple juice at Walmart.

BTW, in 6 hours I'll be having my non-functioning Medtronic neurostimulator (It was implanted on June 8) explanted and having my fourth new one implanted. A new surgeon with a new location will be doing the work. Hopefully, the fourth time will be the one that changes my OAB to an improved QoL.
QoL?

Thanks in part to this thread, I am now on a water kick. I saw an article recently that said that drinking a lot more H2o helps alleviate the pain of arthritis, so I thought, why not? You're rubbing off on me, Honeeecombs!