Back in diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I have tried the pull up for 6 months and had some leaks I guess I’m wetting more. So Back to diapers. I’m wearing the mega max diaper and it’s good the best I have worn. Do notice it really swells when wet. I think the bulge can be seen. Any way of controlling it. Just looking for ideas or other brands of diapers to wear thanks.

One idea is to add a flow-thru type booster pad. It can add a bit of bulk which seems counter intuitive, but it will also help to distribute the wetness better and hence not swell so much in just one area.
You could also change which diaper you are using. ComfiDry 24/7 and Northshore Care Supply's Supreme are both excellent high capacity diapers and I find they don't swell as much as the Mega Max or Better Dry (which I find swells the most of any).

Hi @Jayindiapers, If I were you I'd definitely order up some samples to try. That way you can have a choice and will be able to discern which ones swell up and which ones don't. Best of all you can do this in the comfort of your own home! A lot of us say North Shore is a good place to start, and you can also try your own favorite distributor and ask them for their samples.
Or for more discretion you might try a diaper that isn't as thickly endowed and just put in a booster pad. That combination may be enough to be absorbent yet not promote a bulge.
Let us know how you make out or come back for more suggestions. Good luck finding something good soon! :D

Wishing you well on your journey to find just the right products.
I started using North Shore booster pads about a moonth ago, and I find them very absorbent. Also likke to change just the booster pad, and not to have change the whole pullup.

I tried pullups for a while but realized I needed tabbed heavy duty briefs. Much more peace of mind even if it's psychologically harder to be wearing legit diapers.

I can get away with pullups around the house because I'm never more than a few seconds from the bathroom, but out and about it's always diapers. When powerful urges hit I often have less than a minute to get to a restroom :/

snow said:
Wet diapers do have a weird smell separately from the urine smell, like wet rice or something.

Yeah I think the SAP has some odor neutralizers in it that gives it that smell. Odd smell but better than the stink of urine.

That's interesting but if it's odor neutralizers why would it still smell???? :O Seems to be defeating the purpose!!!

I use a combination of the MegaMax and the GoSupreme pull ups. I use the pull ups in my apartment since usually I am close enough to the toilet to make it before too much has leaked when the urge hits. I use Northshore booster pads with both and with the MegaMax which I wear during the day and since I often wet heavily and frequently but also don't want to have to change at work. I also use an Abena Abri let booster pad to give it even more absorbency. I haven't had any leaks from my protection since I started doing that. Also, I 100% agree on the smell, I'm not sure if wet rice is how to describe it but it definitely is something.

For my daytime urge incontinence issues, ConfiDry 24/7 is the diaper I use most regularly. I also use that diaper with a booster pad inserted for overnight, when traveling. Otherwise, it's cloth diapers at night.

One way I've found to cut costs is to shop Goodwill and other thrift stores. I've found adult disposable diapers there many times. Of course, the brands always differ, but with a booster pad added, I get decent absorbency and save a lot too. A few weeks ago, I found 2 dozen tranquility brand diapers for $3 a dozen.

The mega max is an ultra duty diaper and will get very heavy once it reaches near capacity. There are a lot of good brands out there. The heavy plastic backed 4 taped diapers retain their shape better with less bulge. Abena m4's have good wicking and absorbency qualities, but plastic is a bit thin. Wearing a snug fitting undergarment made of nylon or spandex over the diaper will help diminish diaper bulge and keeps it from falling apart during walks.