AUS ACTIVATED !!

Alwayssinging,
How was the recouperation from the surgery and how is it to operate the pump?? I go in for my operation soon. Anything you can share would be most helpful...Thanks!

Recuperation was very easy. Slight discomfort for a couple of days. Operating the pump is easy to do and releases urine immediately.

One more question if I may and I promise its the last....Have you been shown by your doctor how to leave the cuff open intentionally?? Plus, have you tried it or practiced it?? If there ever comes a time when it needs to be left open I want to be able to do that...plus reset it back to normal operation when need be. Thanks guys for your response. I much appreciate it.

I was not given that information but expect to speak with the doctor soon about a couple of questions. I may include that question.

I've heard that they give you a medical card to carry around stating that you have a AUS in case you need to go to the emergency room but I've also heard that they can teach you how to open the cuff and have it stay open if case you need to for any reason including having to put a catheter in.

31e6b9ca8ea0a08ea6c3c7902a43b60b.jpg

I had discomfort for a week after surgery, but it was irritating not debilitating. The doc activates for me on 8 August. He said I should never deactivate, but he will show me how nonetheless. I did receive a wallet card with instructions and the QR codes for the device, as well as a med alert bracelet. I am hoping for a huge change from the 40+ ounces I am now leaking per day.

Thanks Ricard,
I'm glad that he will show you how to deactivate. It just seems to me that we as patients should have that knowledge and ability. I've read that some patients actually need to deactivate during the night so it's shouldn't be a big deal. I'm hoping to get over my major leakage too. I'm not able to retain anything.
Yes, please keep us all posted on how that process goes. Thanks for your response.
Mark

Update #1. Just arrived back home and doing well overall. Surgery took 1 1/2 hours and seems to have gone well. Pain behind scrotum about 5 out of 10. Abdominal incision a bit more painful but overall very manageable. No problem voiding but must have swelling as my stream is not as impressive as it was post RP. So far I am pleased.
Boomer59

Boomer: that was pretty much the exact situation I was in after surgery. In about a week, the discomfort is gone.

Post op day 2
I’ve been instructed by my surgeon to pull the AUS pump down in my scrotum daily until it is activated at the end of August. I’m so swollen and sore that it’s impossible for me to manipulate the pump at all. Did you all have the same issue? I would expect it will get better in a day or two but I don’t want to screw anything up
Thanks again
Boomer59

Update #2
Ok it’s been 1 day short of two weeks since I had my AUS implant. Incisions have healed pretty well. I am still having a lot of discomfort in the right side of my scrotum where the pump is implanted. Very swollen and I cannot manipulate the pump at all I was told that I should be pulling it down daily but I cannot due to pain. I have called the office and they said that this is normal. Everything I had read described a lot less difficult recovery. Anyone else had this experience?
Boomer59