At what point?

Archives1

Staff member
I know this might be true for some and not others. I’m just wondering at what point more or less do you just stop thinking about the fact that you’re wearing a diaper 24/7; if that is how it is for you? I’m sure you keep regular changes in mind. For me, it’s just on my mind all the time. How long, more or less, does it just simply become a normal routine for you that is just another thing in your life?

That depends entirely on the person. It took me a few years. I have met others that have been wearing for far longer than myself who still haven't come to terms with it. Others who have accepted it as part of life far faster than I did. In my experience though try to accept it as soon as you can. It makes the whole deal and life in general alot less stressful. I'm not saying don't keep looking for a solution to fix whatever may be causing the problem. Just don't fixate and worry over it constantly. We only have so much time, don't let one thing make that time worse than it has to be.

I have been using long enough and wear diapers 24/7 that I feel naked without them they are just my underwear I don't exactly remember what point it was

I,ve been diapers for almost 30yrs the stigma was a load.When it 1st started my wife and I discussed it and came to mutual agreement had wear diapers to keep her and things dry.I still don,t broadcast it with people.

It took a few years for me. Now its not on my mind much at all unless im traveling or something and even then its not much. I just had to learn what works and how to deal with it, i think a lot of my issues was in my mind and worrying about what others would think or say if they knew, I finaly figured out it doesnt matter but I do keep it all as discreet as posible.

@Draconic nailed it. Attitude is everything. If you look at it as a positive solution to a problem instead of a horrible embarrassment it will be much easier to accept.

It took me about 3-4 years to be okay with the fact that my close friends (or colleagues) might find out if we shared a hotel room/cabin/tent while traveling. Maybe 5 years to the point that it's just a matter of fact. Once I realized I'm not in high school anymore, and not to associate with chatty Patty's who will use it for point of topic to gossip, life got easier.

I had a very hard time with wearing at first, I'm a younger woman without children so having accidents was a hard pill for me to swallow. I know I stopped being obsessed with wearing I found products that worked for me. It was nerve wracking for me to go through figuring out what worked, what fit, what caught all my pee while I was sitting down, which brands were comfortable, what wasn't super visible under clothes, basically just how to be prepared. I have been dealing with urge incontinence and wearing protection for about 2.5/3 years and it's not on my mind unless I'm not prepared. Like if I run out of heavier protection or booster pads for wearing at night I'm a nervous wreck. My biggest piece of advice would be to experiment with different brands/types of protection so you can figure out what works for your body because every brand fits different and everybody doesn't leak the same amount. For example, I don't need heavy protection every day, I have flares. However, I wear a lighter pull-up daily for mental comfort and just in case of light leaks. It was a process figuring everything out but once I did it really eased my mind. Also, I would suggest keeping extra stuff with you as much as possible. I keep extra pull ups, a pair of pants, and regular underwear in my car at all times. I bought a super cute tote bag to keep everything in but a laptop case or book bag would be good for a less feminine option.