Artifical Urinary Sphincter

Archives1

Staff member
Last year I had a salvage radical prostatectomy surgery. I have since had continence issues. My surgeon has recommended an artificial urinary sphincter.

I wanted to know if anyone has had this operation and if so, how successful was it in treating your incontinence? Was there any complications/issues encountered? If you had to do it again, would you?

See my posts under NWYENKO. I had the procedure the 1st of August after 1 1/2 years of 100% incontinance. It was activated the end of September and has been working great. It has not been 100% but about 85% which I can live with. I am still using a couple of pads a day and a couple at night which is so much better than before. I would suggest you find the urologist in your area that does multiple of these a year. I would definitely do it again. Jim

That is good to hear. The urologist I would work with has done over 200 of these -- the only surgery he does is related to AUS and Slings. Thanks

Are you talking about Interstim? Your best bet is to look up the problems and successes and compare each of them. Get a list of pros and cons and evaluate if it’s something that you can live with.

Hi, can the AUS surgery be performed on stress incontinence
and/or Urge incontinence caused by OAB?

Thanks for all replies.