Another wet mattress morning

Archives1

Staff member
Well started my morning waking up in a soaked diaper - not only was my diaper soaked so was my sheets and my mattress protector. The mattress protector also leaked - I bought the white material ones you can get at target or Walmart. I’m fed up with cheap products that don’t work for incontinence. I did some research and Gary wear makes true plastic bed protectors - more money but cheaper than a new mattress. I usually wear confidry 24/7 or MagaMax diapers - last night was a confidry diaper - I think I need to add a booster in the diaper for bedtime

Just me venting

Chad

in my humble opinion the BetterDry are a little cheaper and work much better. and yes, full mattress covers are the only way to go!!

sorry you woke up like that, it happens, but never fun!!

I've been "lucky" so far (I really don't believe in luck) But this hasn't always been the case. I used an old flannel rectangular tablecloth and turned it so the flannel backing was on top and the plastic was next to the mattress. This actually worked very well. Maybe it would work for you too - if you have one. All the best to you.And remember: sh** happens. (or pee) And look on the bright side- at least your kidneys are functioning well.

@Chadindiapers Have you ever tried the quilted bed pads? I think they're great, and I won't go to bed without them. My leaks at night are not very bad anymore, but I hate waking up to a wet accident, so I still use them. Since I started using the bed pads, I no longer have to worry about wetting my bed or staining my mattress cover.

I purchase mattress covers at walmart. These are the less expensive ones that are zippered. Made out of some sort of plastic. I always think the plastic will make noise and it does some but my mattress always looks like new when removing the cover.

I use a zipping cover over the mattress and clean that once a month. On top of that I use a NortShoreCare.com (https://bit.ly/3ztFvnS) bed pad. If I have been drinking I will add a pair of plastic pants, but generally it is so hot (SW USA) I just sleep in a BetterDry. Last night I forgot to add the pants and woke up at 3 with a wet feeling on my stomach. I changed out the bed pad, diaper, and sheet quickly and went back to sleep.

Thanks for all the suggestions- I went ahead and ordered the Gary plastic bed protector- I have the Gary plastic briefs, however I feel hot down there at night so I would prefer to just wear a diaper to bed - I learned my lesson regarding a true bed protector - for now till I get the plastic protector I added changing pads with plastic backing on the mattress before I put on the useless mattress protector from Walmart - least now my sheets and comforter smell fresh - the things we have to deal with and try to hide the fact it’s not our fault - been over 2 years now - gave up on the meds and wasting money on the urologist- I’m okay having to wear diapers to function, only my gf knows I wear diapers for protection as far as I know

Chad

Chad, it is a good place and way to think. Do what you feel is best. Dr's like to fix things when sometimes other options work better. Find your path in life, it is yours to live, no one else's. Wet beds are like wet socks. Do what you can to avoid it. No one likes it. It is uncomfortable. But when they get wet, you have to find the best path to dry. Everyone is different and no answer is right for all. Just try what others have and find your dry place....

Chadindiapers said:
Thank you - I needed that - I’m always looking for options

Chad

Gary wear PUl pants are much better than the Plastic ones for keeping things cool and not hot. I wear them 24/7 over a betterdry diaper and don't have the heat issue.

Since I switched to adding boosters I've found I've not had any issues with wet sheets - before that though it was 50/50 as to whether I'd leak, regardless of the absorbency.

Sci_Fi_Fan said:
Since I switched to adding boosters I've found I've not had any issues with wet sheets - before that though it was 50/50 as to whether I'd leak, regardless of the absorbency.

It's a crap shoot for my protection that I wear (Attends classic) of whether I leak or not due to my bladder condition.

I really pray that once I get into this group home I can find more suitable protection - the ideal protection would be the cloth type underpant (threaded Armor) with liner/pad inserts that I can change.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs