All hail the MegaMax!

Archives1

Staff member
The only diaper to not leak on me. It survives me crawling around on my knees when I can’t walk, handling my wheelchair and so many things. At first I struggled with them but once I figured out to tape top top bottom bottom I have only had one leak. It’s a Christmas miracle! 😃

I can't say enough good things about the MegaMax. It's the only diaper I've found that survives a who day off climbing on machinery, sweating, sitting at my computer for hours, and more climbing on machinery without clumping up and getting lumpy. And I agree, taping the top first seems to work well!

I’ve had one leak since I started doing the taping thing. I attribute that to the fact that I was sitting on cement and my pul pants caught the leak so it wasn’t a big deal

I do a lot of climbing and moving around. Does the Meaga Max fit try to size. Looking for something that will last the day. Thanks

Hey Itapilot & justej, I 3rd your opinion on the Megamax! Even when in the hospital on IV drips they last longer by a huge margin than anything I’ve tried previously. After my last 5 hour spine surgery in a Megamax, the nurses were shocked that not only had I not leaked, but it wasn’t finished yet! It became a small joke as they would poke their heads in and ask NOW?
My question to Itapilot is, not to be nosy, but what kind of day off includes climbing all over large machinery?😁😄 Although I am not one to speak, just last week I finished a complete suspension and axle upgrades on my Jeep to better handle the 40” tires I use, in hopes nothing will break while I’m crawling through the back country!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!

I have tried samples o the Mega-Max and I agree it is a good diaper nut I find them cost prohibitive

justej said:
The only diaper to not leak on me. It survives me crawling around on my knees when I can’t walk, handling my wheelchair and so many things. At first I struggled with them but once I figured out to tape top top bottom bottom I have only had one leak. It’s a Christmas miracle! 😃

I’m not sure where to ask t his question so I’ll put it out here: My husband wears Depends and finds the gathers at the legs terribly irritating. He’s gotten a rash and now uses powder to try to help with that. Are there other Depend like things out there that are more gentle on the skin? Depends are all he needs. Thank you

@dpcare - they are on the pricier side but at this point I’ve decided they are worth it. It’s a diaper I can truly trust. And with Northshore’s top notch customer service I know they always have my back if something goes wrong.

@Faithab I agree that gathers on Depends are irritating but I think all adult diapers have gathers, just like baby diapers do.

@justej, gotta question…. I don’t have leaks, I have gushes when I have a bladder spasm. Does anyone know when they are gonna gush but don’t have control or time to catch the problem? I know this sounds strange but It feels like a giant wave from the ocean coming on several times an hour. I have been using an extra pad to make it easier to change. My lady parts get raw and burned from urine but I sure would like a pad that maybe could be worn a while but would soak up and protect my lady parts. I have been given many costly creams but the only thing that helps is Vaseline. @snow, any ideas? Not a lot of ladies here but I learn a lot from my gentleman friends. I made it to my pain doctor today with no major disasters and no urine tests which is hard for me to get.

Sprung87 said:
My question to Itapilot is, not to be nosy, but what kind of day off includes climbing all over large machinery?😁😄 Although I am not one to speak, just last week I finished a complete suspension and axle upgrades on my Jeep to better handle the 40” tires I use, in hopes nothing will break while I’m crawling through the back country!

That was actually a typo - they hold up to a day OF climbing on machinery, which is part of my job. I'm on call 24/7, though, so I do spend an awful lot of my days off going into work to fix things. I need one of those shirts that says, "Autocorrect is my worst enema." :)

40s are pretty big. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll build a pre-'72 CJ-5 (I like the shirt noise ones with their smaller wheelbase). I likely out it on 37s or so, but I'll try to keep the whole weight low enough that I can get away with D44s. I used to know a guy who was running 36s on the factory D35s on his YJ, which I thought was being a little optimistic about how well the axles would hold up!

40s are pretty big. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll build a pre-'72 CJ-5 (I like the shirt noise ones with their smaller wheelbase). I likely out it on 37s or so, but I'll try to keep the whole weight low enough that I can get away with D44s. I used to know a guy who was running 36s on the factory D35s on his YJ, which I thought was being a little optimistic about how well the axles would hold up!
The old CJ’s were my favorite Jeep ever! We used to be able to swap in a junkyard Chevy 327 in about 4 hours, all for 200hp and a lot of noise! I’m on Jeep #14 for me, I think I’ve got a deep seated need to spend a ton of time and energy on Jeep’s & Harleys, might as well flush the money down the toilet. Give me 6 months and I’m back building one or the other! This one is a JK 2dr that rolled down the mountain sideways. It’s taken about two years to get it back where I want it, Covid slowed down everything. Right now I think it’s going to be a keeper!
3fa8b0647b5761a92a38ec53d28a7f41.jpg

@Dmorris mine is sort of the same. I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder and have no sensation. It just kind of dumps for lack of a better word. My bladder retains urine will just unexpectedly empty. Therefore I have large voids. I personally don’t stay in a diaper long. I change after 1 wetting (which makes it costly but it’s what I have to do). If I’m out I’ll change less but only because it’s hard to change when I’m in my wheelchair.

Thanks @justej. I’m gonna try your company and request samples to see if anything is better. I am having a head to toe exam at the Medical University of South Carolina the last of this month. I have had some previous pain control Peripheral Nerve Stimulators placed in my lower back and that may be causing my some of my problem. Thanks for all your advice. I have to use a wheelchair also when I go out but manage around the house.

I see a trend with you to stop and find the positive in things when initially overwhelmed and lord knows you have plenty of right to vent. The positive attitude of gratitude is the way to have a better day and I applaud that!