Alcohol Induced Incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
I attended a party and had 3 vodka and tonics and one beer. After my third drink, my leaking became more of a gush . I am 2 1/2 years post Davinci RP. I experience some leaking, especially when coughing or sneezing. Also when I play sports. But this alcohol thing was a new experience. Anyone have a similar experience???

I have very little sensation most of the time and if I didn't wear nappies I would wet my pants regularly.

I had to scale up the nighttime protection options and get plastic pants recently. I’m a heavy wetter overnight but been pretty lucky about leaking.

With drinking though it’s a guaranteed soak through. The plastic pants I’ve only used once but helped a lot.

Yep, happens to me. Alcohol is a diuretic, muscle relaxant and bladder irritant. If I have even one alcoholic drink my daytime leakage gets a little worse and I am guaranteed a full overnight nappy.

I’m 8 weeks post robotic prostatectomy. Just started drinking some alcohol in the last week. Clearly a difference in leaking with it being a good bit worse after alcohol. So I have a question. Does it improve for anyone? After months or years of healing can drinking alcohol be easier and less wet? Thx in advance.

Not in my experience, but I have Neurogenic Bladder, not a prostatectomy. I know the men here all say that things will get better within six months and especially one year after the kind of surgery you had. I recommend using the search option here to look for prostate, prostatectomy, Kegels, and physical therapy. But I have never seen anyone write in particular about alcohol and prostatectomies.

My urge incontinence was pretty severe. I use a combination of Myrbetriq, trospium along with having an intrstim. Finally have a 20 year old bladder again.

@20lawlorg Myrbetriq did absolutely zilch for me. You’ll know within a few days if it makes a difference for you. I hope it does!

Today Urologist prescribed Myrbetriq 25 mgs for two weeks and then 50 next two weeks...we'll see
my results. Also a list of dietary and liquid recommendations.