Adult pull ups and nightime sosking

Archives1

Staff member
What is the best adult pullup? Any suggedtions about how mot to wake up soaked through in the morning? I wake up and I am so wet . I smell bad and even my sheet and blanket,sre sopping.

I use Abena Abri-Flex Premium pullups. In addition, I self catheterize before bedtime. I am a 79 yo female.

I hope this helps.

Pull ups are worthless, but if you must use them your best bet would be to purchase a plastic cover. One like garywear.

I agree pull ups do not work and while I'm fine during the day with disposable diapers, the only thing that works well for me at night are thick cloth diapers with plastic pants

I tried wearing pull ups at night, but they weren't absorbent enough. I have had much better luck with the tab style briefs. I've also started using peapod mats. It's a sheet that goes over your sheets, and if you leak it is fairly absorbent. I would replace protection with the mat, but it makes a good back up. You can also switch it out if it gets saturated. Mine rarely do, as I wear heavier protection. It is a little embarrassing to make the switch to briefs, but it is worth getting a full night's sleep. If cost is a concern, they also make cloth reusable briefs that you wear with plastic pants.

Abena abriflex are great pull-ups. But if you’re a heavy wetter at night, you need to give serious consideration to switching over to a premium level adult diaper. There’s a lot of trial and error involved with that, but ultimately it will be worth it to make the switch.

For nighttime wetting, I buy small washable waterproof mattress pads, maybe 24" x 26", at Walgreens or CVS. I put one on top of another on my side of the bed. If the top one gets wet, I just take it off and replace it with a clean, dry pad. Sheets stay dry most nights.

For me at least, wearing a high-capacity diaper (BetterDry, Confidry 24/&) is the best way to get a good night’s sleep and wake up to dry sheets.

We highly recommend the Abena brand for heavy absorbency and overnight use.

If you are looking for only a pull-up for night time use, I would recommend the Abena Abri-Flex Level 3 (https://www.llmedico.com/product/135/abena-abri-flex-s3-m3-l3-adult-diapers/).

If you are ok with using a tab-style brief, then the Abena Abri-Form Level 4 are our best sellers (https://www.llmedico.com/product/108/abena-abri-form-m4-l4-adult-diapers-plastic-backed/).

We also highly recommend a diaper cover if you are having problems with leaks. We carry plastic pants, PUL, and more. You can see them all on our website.

And to protect your mattress, we always recommend a mattress cover as well. These are of exceptional quality and made in America. They will last years. I've had one on my bed for over 8 years and it still works great! https://www.llmedico.com/11/mattress-cover-pillow-covers/

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us and my wife or I would be more than happy to help! 1-855-422-4556 or sales@llmedico.com

Alex & Heather Jensen
Owners/Operators
LLMedico.com