Adult bed wetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hello guys,pls I suffer this problem of bed wetting and it's really bringing me down. I don't know if anyone can be of help 😞😞

Definitely try avoid caffeine, coffee, pop, energy drinks in the evening. Reexamine yourself after a week by avoiding drinking. If you’re younger these are a great place to start. If you are old like me, in the 60’s had prostrate surgeries and worn out parts,then you have to cope with the new you. Pelvic floor exercises does help. Check out the neurologist or start by seeing your doctor.

I don't full on wet the bed at night but I leak. I'll be damp/slightly wet in the morning if I don't wear a pullup or training pants. It hit me hard when I had to finally accept I need protection every night.

The comments above are right on tract. I too wet the bed most nights. I also have problems during the day. I have a neurogenic bladder due to a back surgery. I have had 5 now. When mine started it was hard to deal with at first but now I’d feel uncomfortable if I wasn’t wearing a diaper. If you find out your problem is short term, feel fortunate. If not, it’s not as bad as you think. It does get easier. The people on this site are a great help and don’t judge you or your condition. Good luck on your journey.

Nothing to be ashamed about. First step is to see your PCP or a urologist to find out cause. In the meantime, use some sort of protection. I am a life long bedwetter. Sure it's a bummer, but it is what it is. I use diapers and plastic pants to make me more comfortable. My wife totally accepts it. So far, I don't need daytime protection unless I am traveling.

I too am a nightly bedwetter. I have learned to live with it and dont let it bother me. I sleep in nappies and plastic pants and my bed is well protected against the inevitable nappy leaks.