Accepting our conditions and loving our bodies.

Yes, @Jwh51 I agree that whining about how much you are a victim just doesn't make it and we've got to do what we can to make life more rewarding. That is true. And as you say, instead of crying and whining about how much life is unfair just get out and do what you can to find the rewards. They are there but you've just got to find them! And no one has ever guaranteed that life is going to be fair, at least not all the time. It's what you make of it that counts!
And @DeanLikesToHelp, that seems to be just what you are doing. So everyone let's just keep up the good work!

2Jwh51

Exactly everyone. Dean I think you are very open about your experiences and have accepted such a drastic new normal from your serious injury.

For some people I can understand it’s probably uncomfortable and don’t want to understand everything in as much detail and or the pictures which for some reason I can’t see are too revealing.

We are all at different points on our journeys through life and I think your point in simple terms is we have one body. A body we need to accept and embrace regardless of any minor or major imperfections that may exist. We all need to understand we normally are our own worst enemies. We need to accept embrace and love our machine aka our body accept it and understand it and thrive with it. And give love and positivity to ourselves rather than negativity or hatred.

Hi @Jwh51, That last paragraph in our post says it all, I think! And that very last sentence to give love and positivity to ourselves rather than negativity or hatred is icing on the cake! That is a great attitude to adopt.