Abena meaning

Archives1

Staff member
I am currently doing research to write a book, 1st lifetime attempt. I am collecting names from different cultures to use for my book. I can across Abena, which in an African dialect means born on Tuesday

Hmmmm! Didn't know that! Learned something new today!:) Now I'm curious, I wonder if the company that makes Abena was really created on a Tuesday? And good luck on your book! What's it going to be about?

billliveshere said:
Hmmmm! Didn't know that! Learned something new today!:) Now I'm curious, I wonder if the company that makes Abena was really created on a Tuesday? And good luck on your book! What's it going to be about?

I thought Abena was a derivation of the town in Denmark near were it was founded.

Aabenraa or Åbenrå is a town in Southern Denmark, at the head of the Aabenraa Fjord, an arm of the Little Belt, 26 kilometres north of the Denmark–Germany border and 32 kilometres north of German town of Flensburg.

Could also have been created on a Tuesday!

Now that also makes sense! Although I am highly unfamiliar with Denmark, I can see how that can be. If I'm not mistaken I think the Abena brand does come from that part of the world. And yes, there is a one-in-seven chance the Abena brand was created on a Tuesday :D!

"Abena" is also a phonetic spelling of the Navajo word for morning. Yaah'teh is a traditional greeting that literally means, "It is good," and "Yaah'teh abena" means "Morning, it is good," which is equivalent to the English greeting, "Good morning."