A bad (wet) day

Hey Jeff,

Sorry to hear that. So many of us have the same as you so we understand how you feel. There will be brighter days though.

Some days are worse than others for me too. I always get over my self by thinking it is only a bit of wee I could be deaf blind or parylised. I wet my self and have to wear nappies it's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry @jeffswet! One that makes me feel better is my favorite treat right after I clean up my mess. I hope that helps.

Thanks for saying that Jeff. Grin and bear, it stiff upper lip it gets old and sometimes this is the only place to really tell it like it is.

It sure is a pain in the neck. I doubt people who don't have this problem have any real understanding of what we go through.

You're doing a good thing by reaching out for support. Give yourself a pat on the back for managing a difficult condition with grace and dignity, and for being willing to get support when you need it!

Sorry to here youve had a bad day. Think most of us have had one at some point. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you x

Hi Jeff, We all have those days and the thing is we can't really know in advance to plan ahead for that type of day. We just gotta keep on doing what we do and hope for the best! I hope things are going better for you now.
But I like what @Stevewet says that we could be deaf, blind or completely paralyzed. So although it's a burden to bear sometimes, there are blessings out there, too! :D

boasammy -- I know what you mean. It sure makes the next day difficult by having so much interrupted sleep. It also affects my blood pressure!

sport said:
I have my worse times at night.
Me too I usually wet more at night. Some days are worse than others. Sometimes I can stay reasonably dry during the day but others I constantly leak in to my nappy or pad. At night my bladder just empties at will while I sleep.

I have similar experiences as many of you have stated. Some days and nights are better than others,but they seem to be getting worse. It's been 3 1/2 years since my combined prostatectomy/diverticulotomy. I now have heart failure involving several areas of the heart. My cardiologist has recommended that I drink 4 liters of water per day. That's a lot of water. As you might guess, that's not a great combination. My daytime diaper use as gone up to 3 per day...sometimes 4. I wear a heavy cloth pin on diaper at night which is also wet more often. I'm 73 years old which adds to the complications.

I have somewhat of an unrelated question. Do any of you pee without knowing you're doing so? There have been a few times when I see that I'm wet, and had no sensation that I was doing so.

Damp said:
I have similar experiences as many of you have stated. Some days and nights are better than others,but they seem to be getting worse. It's been 3 1/2 years since my combined prostatectomy/diverticulotomy. I now have heart failure involving several areas of the heart. My cardiologist has recommended that I drink 4 liters of water per day. That's a lot of water. As you might guess, that's not a great combination. My daytime diaper use as gone up to 3 per day...sometimes 4. I wear a heavy cloth pin on diaper at night which is also wet more often. I'm 73 years old which adds to the complications.

I have somewhat of an unrelated question. Do any of you pee without knowing you're doing so? There have been a few times when I see that I'm wet, and had no sensation that I was doing so.

Sometimes, though it might also be that'I have simply forgotten the episode. Quite often in the midst of doing something, I realize that 'it's happening again...' but then, later wondering when I wet myself. Sometimes I can figure it out, but not always.

Damp said:

I often pee without any recollection of doing it.

Damp -- I found with my medical providers and the ones my late husband had, that what each one says is often in conflict with the other. Why does the cardiologist want you to drink that much water a day?

The cardiologist kept insisting that Bill take a statin even though we researched why he was having seizure-like side effects from the statin and had to be hospitalized, and she apparently didn't believe us. But when he stopped taking any of the different names of statin, he didn't have the side effects. She was only concerned with her specialty and his quality of life was not her concern. She didn't suggest an alternative med and I didn't learn until after he had died what was else was available. An woman friend in her late 80's told me that the only place she ever goes is to see a doctor. Before Covid-19 we used to share lunch together periodically.

I read a good book about this whole kind of thing by a doctor who had the life experience with his dad. He came to the conclusion, and I wholeheartedly agree, that at some point a person has to question what all the medical intrusions really accomplish. I was a home companion to a woman in her early 80's who was dying of cancer. She made the decision to not do anything. She figured she had lived a long time already and it was going to be downhill anyway and she didn't want the stress of the therapies, and "man"handling that she would have endured. She was a trooper! On the other hand my own mother at 84 (who never learned to drive so had to have a family member take her everywhere) had cancer, caught early, underwent a year of chemo/radiation and was good to go, declared free of cancer five years later and finally died of a massive stroke at 95. Everybody is different as BILLIVESHERE often reminds us.

But I have learned to question everything that the medical professionals say and at the same time love them for all the hard work they do to try to keep us alive and functioning.