43 year old bed wetter

Oxybutinin gave me overwhelming dry mouth, which made me drink far more than I should have; it actually worsened my incontinence instead of curing it. Live and learn.

Im a 56 year old bedwetter, i wouldnt know what going to bed without a diaper on is like, no big deal, best thing is waking up next to someone wearing diapers as well 😜

Since even the best of diapers leak occasionally, especially at night, I'm curious as to how people protect their beds. Mattress covers, pads, etc., or do you just rely on a diaper?

When I'm home, I wear a heavy double washable night diaper, often with an additional pad, plus a polyurethane pant. When I travel, I use Abena or Molicare, plus a pad and a polyurethane laminate pant. I rarely have a leak from this protection, which makes any additional mattress protection, other than the vinyl mattress protector I've always used, unnecessary.

I wear a confidry 24/7 brief at night and dont have any problems with leaks. My wife doesn't have issues, and has been a Saint when it comes to mine. She only asks that we keep a mattress pad on the bed just in case.

Wife makes sure we have a waterproof mattress protector von the bed I wear a dipper and a pair of PVC pants over the top of the dipper seems to work well

I wear a Dry 24/7 diaper at night and have a waterproof mattress protector on my bed. However, I very rarely have a problem with a leak. So the waterproof mattress protector is mainly just there for the sake of thoroughness.

I still wet in my 70's My wife insists that I wear a diaper and pants and mattress cover to protect her and bed etc.:(::(:(

I too am a 43-year-old bedwetter, and have been lifelong (with a brief slowdown in wet nights from 12-21). I have usually managed with washable diapers with vinyl pants and a vinyl mattress cover just in case (Abena premiums when I travel). I too was worried about relationships and afraid that I would end up alone. Someone once gave me great advice, and forgive me if it sounds too trite--Those that matter won't mind, and those that mind don't matter. Meaning that when it comes to relationships, my bedwetting would be a deal breaker for some, and it was good to know that early on rather than long after feelings were stronger and more vulnerable. I don't just blab it to everyone I meet, but I am very selective about those who know about my wetting and diapers, and so far have never had a negative reaction. And I am happily married with two great kids. Yes, I recognize that I am very fortunate, and I am very grateful. But I second everything everyone has said about diapers being in the category of hearing aids and canes. So glad to have found similar others. You are all inspiring.

Jared thanks for your post. I can directly relate to your story except for the 12-21 yr old slowdown in the bed wetting. I probably average 2-3 dry nights a month. I also have friends that know and every one of them is supportive and really never even mention it again once I've told them about my need for diapers.