Preparing for continence struggle

electricandroid: I got a mild incontinence after the prostatectomy, and it faded to very little, and was never extreme. Then. Lucky.
Then ended up in ICU for Septic Shock - after that is really when it got bad. I'm one of the ones that Kegels didn't really do much for - some it does help a lot. Again, it wasn't extreme, but more constant, stayed constant.
There seem to quite a number of types, and at night, the medication Darfenecin (Enablex was the brand name) helps, but not everyone.
I'd like to point out that in the USA, incontinence is apparently not one of those lucrative specialties, and doesn't seem to get much research. Many of the people on here report being blown off, told it's psycological, or offered dubious drugs or surgical procedures, or one requiring repeat drugs (like botox) that fade in effectiveness. Urologists vary widely.
Then I had a brain cancer operation and incontinence got extreme. It has faded gradually (2 1/2 years worth of gradual) to the point I'm down to pads, the lower absorbancy ones.
Men have very limited pad choice, here. Women have more and better, I'm convinced.
Finally, what we do when dealing with the Urge, is to use what amounts to kegels.
Good luck. Stay safe.

AlasSouth
Wow. You have been through a lot. Sorry you had to deal with all of that.
I’m hoping that time and Kegel’s will help. Not so much as of yet.
But I understand that there are 2 types of surgeries that do help.
Has anyone had surgery for incontinence?