30 and bedwetting all of the sudden

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone have advice for how to go about determining underlying health conditions associated with sudden onset bedwetting? I'm 30, female, in decently good health with no history of bedwetting prior to 6 weeks ago. My urologist performed a scope (bladder looks good) and urinalysis (normal), had a CT scan (all normal), and met with a neurologist (thinks it's not a neurological issue). I'm frustrated bc this isn't just coming out of nowhere, and I'm in intense pain, especially in my left lower back. This will sound stupid, but I also know deep in my gut that something is wrong. Why can't the doctors figure out what is wrong? Anyone else undergone a similar situation? How did the mystery get solved? Any ideas would be amazing.

@Sabriel13 I’m 29. My bedwetting started a few years ago. I haven’t been to the doctor yet but I plan to soon. Keep us posted on your findings

food for thought. If you experience this you need to see a dr asap:

Symptoms of cauda equina syndrome include low back pain, numbness and/or tingling in the buttocks and lower extremities (sciatica), weakness in the legs, and incontinence of bladder and/or bowels.

Hi Sabriel,
Sorry you are going through this and especially the pain in your lower back.
Best bet to go to the E. R. and some more testing done. Kidney type issues you don’t need for sure.
Prayers that this goes away for you or at least gets much better.

Kind regards,
Jim

I think I would call the urologist you saw previously and describe the pain you're having. They might have you come in their office. I think the ER is the last place I'd want to be under the current circumstances.

You need to get back to the doctor asap. These symptoms could be indicating a number of things, chiefly kidney disease. Please get it checked.

Hi Sabriel
I'm so sorry for you. Know how hard it is if you start suddenly wetting the bed again. In my case it started two years ago. They never find any physical reason for it. But If your back hurt this much, I would also go back again. I had never any pain. Feel your free to send me a pm.

Please see a Doctor! When I was involved in my car accident (Truck drove over me in my new convertible!), the Doctors were so busy evaluating my other injuries, they never looked that low at my spine. My pelvis was broken and one hip so they assumed my cord was just bruised from being bounced around so hard. They didn’t realize at the time the Cauda Aquino (Horses Tail in English) was damaged, and by waiting was now beyond repair. I don’t want to scare you, it is quite well protected, but even a small injury at an odd angle can cause damage and it’s hard to diagnose at times. No matter what it is, something has changed within your body or mind and a sudden onset should be looked at. Who knows if they’ll find anything at all, but at least they can rule out or pinpoint what’s going on and determine a course of treatment if nothing else. Best of luck to you, we’re rooting for you!