2 days after catheter removal

Archives1

Staff member
I had radical robotic prostatectomy and this is the second day after catheter removal.
When I get up out of bed I have full bladder control but otherwise when I am up and around the urine just dribbles out. No control. Is this normal? I have begun kegal exercises.

Hang in there. Do your Kegels. I 75 years old and it has been 4 months since they removed my prostate. I still wear a thin pad but very little leakage. Keeps the faith!

I was 48 when I had this done. 8 years ago. When I stood up everything just filled and overflowed my protection. Now I do bedwet and have some daytime when getting up and down, coughing sneezing ect. But 1 or 2 pads a day and brief at night.

As you see from the responses, there's quite a bit of variability from one person to the next in terms of recovery. Everyone's different. Do your kegals, and prepare for several months of recovery…perhaps a year or more. It could be quicker though. Hang in there.

I had the catheter removed almost 7 months ago. I leaked badly, but after Kegels and lots of walking I'm nearly dry. Don't give up.

Hang in there. Three weeks from my removal yesterday. Completely incontinent though nights are now better and sitting still at times also. No retention but can run to bathroom. That much less I have to wear. In PT and floor and kegel exercises every day. Good luck. And thanks to all those responses who also give hope to those of us browsing the threads.