😞

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone 😊
I am a 53 year old woman. I suffer from occasional nighttime incontinence. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I always dream I am urinating and, because of past experiences, I try to confirm (in my dream), that I am, in fact, sitting on the toilet. Used to be that I was able to figure out (while still asleep)that I was dreaming, and not 'let go'. Now however, I somehow convince myself that it is OK to 'let go ', with the unpleasant results.
I have been extremely stressed recently and the problem certainly seems to be worse at the moment. I went to the doctor once, many years ago, but no help or even possible causes discussed.
The odd thing about my stress is that it was at it's worst about 8 months ago but I wasn't experiencing incontinence then - perhaps I was in shock.
Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has the dream thing going on and if so, if you've found a way to manage it?

Oh YES, the urination dream, not at all uncommon, but very embarrassing for sure. Don't worry about it, you are not the only one that has had this happen, count me in the bunch too! :-( Stress can do very peculiar things to the human body! This was before my accident that it happened, 3-4 times in 10 years or so as I recall, now I have to wear protection at night, so if it happens I have it covered, a good mattress protector is a must for sure if it is re-occurring, and some form of containment if it occurs could be useful, there are a ton of disposable and re-useable washable waterproof products out there today, and as I say, Better Safe Then Sorry! A bit of a step to get over wearing them, but I got over it a long time ago... :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me. It's really helpful to know I'm not so unusual after all!
I will be investing in some mattress protection for sure 😊

It is an adjustment, but wearing a disposable product has made a huge improvement in my quality if life. The bed stays dry and I get a good nights sleep. I wear a Confidry 24/7 and have a just in case matress protector. It is a little embarassing at first, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

hubbub, Mattress protection is a way to go.
Walmart has Womens Assurance undergarments which really hold in the urine. Plus they're the cheapest personal care item.

If this becomes long-term, you might consider purchasing an inventory of washables and plastic pants. This can be expensive; however, over time, washables can be cheaper than disposables.