ZOOM

Hi everyone -

I'm not sure where we are with this, but just to get the ball rolling, I am scheduling a Zoom meeting for 4-6pm EST today. I'll be online and if folks join, then great. If not, I'll probably just drop off after about 30 minutes.

You can join anytime during the meeting, but remember that if no one joins in the first 30 minutes, I will cancel the meeting.

When you click on the meeting link, you may need to download the app. This is easy to do, and the app doesn't interfere with anything else, doesn't run in the background (unless you have a device such as Siri or Alexa attached to your apps), and has been proven quite safe. As is true with most web-based apps, there is very little that is actually installed on your device, so the app takes up virtually no storage or memory.

There should not be a password required to join the meeting, but you will be placed in the waiting room until I let you in, which I will do right away. Upon entering, you will be automatically muted, and I will unmute you.

Be sure your device's camera, microphone, and speakers are activated. As long as they are all active, Zoom should just find them and use them automatically once you're in the meeting.

Here's the link: clickable text

I used the NAFC "Link" function at the top of this message box to include the above link, and I'm not sure it will work. If not, here is the url, which you can copy and paste into your browser to go there directly:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83344364778

Mark

Update -

I see that the forum presented the link as "clickable text", and it worked fine for me just now. Once you click on it, you can click on the "Open Zoom Meetings" button. Give it a few seconds, and it should put you into the meeting.

Mark

that will be 3:00-5: Central I do have a 2:00 meeting and testing starting at 6:00 so I should have some time

Thanks again Mark for setting up today's Zoom meeting. It was great meeting all of you and enjoyed our conversations. Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you so much for organizing that. It was great to talk and put faces and voices to names, and of course, to share experiences. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully on a weekend. :D Until then, have a wonderful weekend, everyone. 🍺 Peace out!

Had a great time! It was good to put faces to names and share our stories. Can’t wait til the next one!

Thanks all! We had a really nice conversation, and hope that more folks will join next time. I'll try to give more notice before the next Zoom!

Mark

Oh nuts! Got your zoom message on Friday the 19th, at 1855 (That's 6:55 PM, Alaska Standard Time, for all you non-24-hour-clock peeps.) That's 10:55 PM, Eastern Standard time - that is, if anything East of the Missississippi can be called "standard". Is that 11:55 PM in Hawaii? Next time, give me one more day's notice, please. :D ;)