Zoom

Archives1

Staff member
Here’s just a random idea. Since many of us have become experts on making zoom meetings and stuff during the pandemic, could we try to do something like that here to help maybe establish more connection or community?

I really like that, but I am definitely not new tech!:( IN fact my typing, y'know, just plain old typing, is atrocious! So I carefully check and recheck. My typing is so bad, if I didn't recheck everything I would probably be unwittingly making enemies!!!:O:O Bottom line, I'd have to do a major computer upgrade (read buy a whole new computer) in order to zoom.
But I do like the idea of establishing more connection here in some way, shape or fashion!

@billliveshere For Zoom meetings, the moderator has the option to allow people to call in without video. You would be able to hear all of the conversation. I’ve done that before.

I’m up for a Zoom meeting. I agree that it would encourage a more profound camaraderie amongst us. I’ve experienced that with other Zoom groups I participate in. Somehow, Zoom encourages intimacy and coziness, and people feel comfortable and open, safe.

Hi @snow, that is great info about Zoom. Not being familiar with the Zoom concept it's good to know it encourages intimacy and coziness and promotes feeling comfortable and safe. I'm all for that! :D It would be fun to try it and see what happens. Based on the interaction I've had with this group so far I think there is a good base of camaraderie here so something like that sounds do-able. It would certainly add another dimension to our experience here. What do others think?

I actually did it last night for the first time. Well, it was the first time I could make it work. I think it would be a good thing for us to do.