wondering

Archives1

Staff member
in the past several days, i’ve posted here when usually i tend to not. i guess my posts were replies to other people’s threads, but now i’m heavily into thinking about the things that i had responded about.

as i’ve mentioned i ended up on this site due to my psychological issues that have resulted in my incontinence. i am on this site for i believe, something like 2 years + or - and i’m also on another site more specifically for my psychological issues. but on that site i’m not really allowed to talk about things i really need to talk about. i do have professional help, however that help may be stopped or at least has been delayed and disrupted due to the fact that i no longer have a job and health insurance.

i’ve been wondering if anyone (one person, two, maybe 3) here who can relate to my issues would be open to a sort of pen pal relationship where we/i can feel comfortable discussing things that relate to psychological and physiological issues that we share or are what else we are ok discussing. i would like this to be something that is less public than this forum because there are some things i still feel a bit hesitant to be so open about, yet i do need to find myself some kind of additional support than i presently have.

i don’t know if this is against any site rules so if i find out it is, then this will of course need to be reconsidered somehow, but i do think this could work out to be a good form of mutual support.

thanks!!! waiting to hear from you...

Hi etamilbus welcome aboard and my apologies in that I haven’t said hi earlier.

I am not sure what type of questions you may have in terms of psychological issues you have. Not sure if you can start a thread about them or send me a private message.

I have done tons of psychological work for myself over the past 2 years and I still continue to see my therapist weekly. Granted I can’t say it was psychological issues that made me incontinent but rather scare tissue from MS.

hi @Jwh51 , mostly i’m thinking that i want people to talk to about things on my mind that i would not be able to in most settings. i don’t have any specific questions - not at the moment anyway. illness is illness and i do have!!! i’m trying to put myself in a “better place” partiuclarly because i don’t know when or even if i will be seeing my therapist again and some things are not allowed on the other site i use. just a thought - kind of filling in the blanks.

If you lost your job and insurance, you might look into state medical. There are community mental health centers in most areas which will accept it. Some states they pay for diapers as well. Many medical clinics also have a mental health person on staff. Typically called behavioral health consultant.

Myself I am on the other side of the couch. I’m a child therapist.

@Mightychi i’m old enough for medicare. that actually rules out medicaid. only problem is that the coverage in medicare is practically nonexistent and it is getting to look like my therapist who i’ve worked with for almost 2 years is not in the plan. this basically means that therapy is at its end for me. i don’t think i can afford what it will cost. i’ve been very much feeling great disappointment and anger. my therapy over the years has been brutally disrupted twice and we have a criminally negligent mental healthcare system in this country that generally does not want to do anything except administer drugs since that is so easy compared to doing the real work. being kind of too distressed these days.