whats wrong with me ?

Archives1

Staff member
hi all
I have had symptoms of pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination since my early 20's im now 36. I went to many urologists when I had it real bad in the early 2000's they seemed annoyed by me and more than one seemed almost offended by my instance that something was wrong. I guess most of them thought I was "crazy" because i didn't have an infection of an enlarged prostrate. I read books on the subject of "pelvic pain syndrome" and dealt with it the best i could. I am pretty sure that it is related to my depression and anxiety but that it is also not "in my head". for many years, it was much more manageable and I was able to live a normal life. Now in conjunction with a recent bout of insomnia it seems to be coming back worse, pain in my abdomen and frequent urination. I have a 2 year old son and support a family now and I just feel overwhelmed. I have people who care about me and a therapist but especially at nigh I feel totally alone. I guess I'm just having a really hard time. I don't want to be on tons of drugs. I was on antidpressants for a while and also had to ween my self off sleep meds after a very bad bout of depression and insomina in 2015. being back in this spot I feel like I failed, but I also don't even know exaclty what to do.

i don’t know if i am similar or completely different. my reasons for being here is urinary and fecal incontinence but actually come from self harm. (won’t get more in to that right now though) but i have been having lower abdominal pain and lower back pain especially on the left side for a couple years. doctors seem fairly disinterested. i don’t take meds. i do support my family and need to be healthy and not have these problems. i am on another site more appropriate to my psychological issues and i am here actually hoping to find others to communicate with who have incontinence and or related problems that may be connected to the issues in the mind as much as in the lower torso. i’m here and ready, willing and able to talk further, compare notes, and find solutions. just let me know.