What is this

Archives1

Staff member
For a year and a half ago I started wake up in little wet puddle. First I thought it was sweat because it didn’t smell. And it happened like once in a month, until it started to become every night issue. I was on Escitalopram (for panick attacks) when this started, actually tappering off Escitalopram. I had also night sweats, hot flushes, difficult to hold urine etc. I’m in my 40’s. My gynekologist told me that I’m in perimenopause and I have had for years vaginal athrophy.
I’v been of Escitalopram now for 4 months and been trying to find a suitable HRT now for 3 months.
I had actually 1 month better when I didn’t wet my self and that was when I had been 1 month on estrogen gel. Then I started to have breaktthru bleedings and and wettingvstarted again.

Is there anybody else with similar experiences? I don’t know if my bed wetting is caused by my perimenopause or did Escitalopram have something to do with it.
Now I have been on a new estrogen patch for a week and I have had 4 dry nights.

This has taken a lot of energy and I’m super anxious about it. Wich I assume is not good for this matter.

Hormones can impact pelvic floor function. Consider booking in with your doctor and seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist or physical therapist.

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear this. And I do agree anxiety is not helping. Sometimes medications get in the way as you are describing. I do feel your determination and hopefully a great urology team can help you work through this. Please please please, ask questions here and please vent it does help to work things out. We're glad you are here.

@Whrlwnd I’ve taken Escitaloprom for 30 years, long before I experienced incontinence. I don’t think it’s what’s causing your incontinence. I’m on the Estradiol patch and insert cream, too, and while it did solve some thing like raging hot flashes that made me feel like I was dying, the estradiol did not change my urgency nor frequency whatsoever.

I’v now been on a new estrogen patch for a month and my ”nightly wettings” are drasticly improved. I also use local treatment called Intrarosa. I hope this will last 😌

@Whrlwnd That’s amazing! Good for you! I have Neurogenic Bladder after falling off a cliff before I went through Premature Menopause, so taking estrogen doesn’t help my bladder. But I’m reallllllly glad to hear it helps you!