What is the most absorbent diaper for sleep?

Archives1

Staff member
Hi! Need a mega absorbent diaper for night and airplane travel for my disabled adult son. The most absorbent out there!!
Thanks

Try the Northshore MegaMax brief. It is plastic backed, very bulky and more absorbent than any other diaper I have tried.

I use the Forsite AM/PM for at night, has a capacity that would be tough to fill, 4000+ ml, no one puts out that much fluids at night. A thin cloth liner helps wick evenly. I shop thru www.agecomfort.com and I am in Canada, I am sure they send to the US as well if that is where you are located.

Rearz just came out with “Barnyard” Diapers that boast a 6200mL capacity. I haven’t tried them but if that’s true I think it may beat Megamax and 24/7s and all the rest. But they are ABDL prints... I’m guessing your disabled son may not care? Or may even like them? Anyhow, best of luck!

Skinnyb said:
I use the Forsite AM/PM for at night, has a capacity that would be tough to fill, 4000+ ml, no one puts out that much fluids at night. A thin cloth liner helps wick evenly. I shop thru www.agecomfort.com and I am in Canada, I am sure they send to the US as well if that is where you are located.
Skinnyb said:
Skinnyb said:
Skinnyb said:

Thank you Skinnyb. (Not sure how to work this forum, but I’ll get the mechanics.)

Thank you Vestalm. Barnyard is interesting, but if the briefs work, we don’t care.

I use LivDry briefs with the hyper plus insert from Tye medical. They aren’t cheap but I’ve been using them at night for almost a year (Dry 24/7s before that) and these have never leaked no matter how I’ve slept. I also use them for travel but they are bulky. Good luck!!

Thank you Stevewet. Thank you Inconguy.

We also gave Wellness Brief Superio Adult Diapers (the brand astronauts use?) a try, but they did not work at work at all.
I so appreciate these suggestions because it is very limiting not to be protected.

Vestalm said:
Rearz just came out with “Barnyard” Diapers that boast a 6200mL capacity. I haven’t tried them but if that’s true I think it may beat Megamax and 24/7s and all the rest. But they are ABDL prints... I’m guessing your disabled son may not care? Or may even like them? Anyhow, best of luck!

That 'claimed' capacity still boggles the mind. SIX liters ?? Well over 1.5 GALLONS !! That diaper would weigh about 10 (ten) pounds at capacity, not to mention the bulk.

Sheesh!

I’ve been using confidry 24-7’s for years and have tried many many diapers and am co Disney these are the best out there. They absorb quickly and are comfortable. You’ll probably have to buy a few different types and try them all to see which one works best for him. We are all shaped a little different so it really depends how it fits.

Agreed Andy1050! Confidry 24/7s are still my personal #1 choice for myself for all around form, fit and function. However, if it is true and Barnyards/MegaMax work well for them then could be incredible!

Working on getting samples of as many as suggested. (NorthShore Care Supply customer service was very nice.) I’ll try them all one way or another. Barn critters, too!

Not going to let a basic human function get in the way of my son’s ability to have adventures.

Thank you all.

I have used the TotalDry Overnight for over a year and only had one leak. I like that they are thin enough that you don't deal with the bulk, but they seem to hold quite a bit and cover a good area, especially for men. And they are the most cost effective product I've found in the U.S.

"Try the Northshore MegaMax brief. It is plastic backed, very bulky and more absorbent than any other diaper I have tried."

I have to say the MegaMax as well. There are others out there that are just as absorbent like 24/7s and some of the ones from the specialty diaper companies that cater to the AB/DL crowd, but I feel the Megamax is the best bang for the buck.

6932bansheeatv said:
"Try the Northshore MegaMax brief. It is plastic backed, very bulky and more absorbent than any other diaper I have tried."

I have to say the MegaMax as well. There are others out there that are just as absorbent like 24/7s and some of the ones from the specialty diaper companies that cater to the AB/DL crowd, but I feel the Megamax is the best bang for the buck.

Thanks! Waiting on a sample of mega max brief.
Working on 24/7, and just ordered samples of Rears Barnyard. I’m on a mission!!

btremel said:
I have used the TotalDry Overnight for over a year and only had one leak. I like that they are thin enough that you don't deal with the bulk, but they seem to hold quite a bit and cover a good area, especially for men. And they are the most cost effective product I've found in the U.S.

Thank you! Will check it out. Cost effective is helpful. Purchasing samples is adding up, but will be worth it in the end