What are “the best” diapers for total standing up incontinence?

kruznkru

After radical prostatectomy surgery I”m pretty much totally incontinent while standing up.
No leakage at night, laying down, or sitting.
I’m wearing clamp in the day but need to give it a break after work.
To get out after work I’m thinking about “heavy leakage” diapers ?
Anyone have any luck with this or brands they use ?

Last edited:
I think @Northshore products have been excellent. The GoSupreme are super pull-ups and the best tabstyle diapers IMO is the MegaMax. Excellent absorbency, good fit, and strong tapes. Not the most discrete though…

I'm pretty much fully urinary incontinent. You can never go wrong with Northshore products. I only have luck with tab style diapers, pullups always leak on me. Right now I'm wearing MegaMax Airlock.

They are very high absorbancy. That's what I wore after I started having full void urge incontinence.

They are super reliable. You can start with those and step down to see if you can get by with something a little less bulky, if you prefer. I usually go one step above the level of protection I need, just to be safe. I'd rather have a slightly bulky diaper than a leak, but some guys prefer discretion over max absorbancy.

Also, in my experience my incontinence gradually gets worse over time, so every couple of years I tend to bump up to a higher level.

I have good luck with Beyond XP5000, all of the Abena tab diapers, and Seni Super Quatro diapers.

But give tried just about every product, my diaper place is pretty good at sending samples.
Almost all work well, just a matter of personal preference and how much bulk and / or security you prefer.

After an RP (no experience with), seems that you would not need high capacity products, rather something that handles smaller amounts (not full bladder emptying). Have you looked at over the counter is cheaper and easily obtained, e.g., Depends night defense, or Tena?

YMMV of course and it seems like it is only for a break from your clamp - your primary mode of handling leakage.

Best of luck in your healing process.

Last edited:
I’m leaking standing up really bad.
Trouble is if there is a another problem I can’t get in till Oct 28
The go-supreme lite didn’t work - pretty full in like 4 hours
I’ll start with heaviest n go down from there
Thank you for the messages !

Northshore will send you samples if you ask. Try them all until you find what works for you. None of the lighter stuff works for me except at home where if I do leak it is not that big of a deal.

I have tried many diapers from a variety of companies. I have pretty much settled on InControl diapers. They are out of Canada. They have a variety of disposable as well as cloth diapers. I have been using the BeDri Night defense diaper, and have been happy with them. They seem to always have a good supply in stock. Even though they are shipped from Canada I usually receive my order within a week.