Wetting without knowing it

Archives1

Staff member
Strange thing happening last couple days. I’ll go hours without feeling an urge or spasm or anything. Not feeling any leaks either but my diapers wetness indicator is telling me I’ve definitely not been holding it. Anyone with oab leaked without knowing/feeling/sensing it? Is this normal?

Hi @Newbie2this , sorry just a bedwetter here so I cannot really comment on your situation. I did want to say that I am sure it can and does happen especially since you are wearing protection. If you are wearing a really good one I probably is wicking the wetness away before you even feel it. I know sometimes my Under Armour underwear is good at wicking away sweat during a workout. I often don't feel 'damp' in my Under Armour so I can see how a good diaper or pull-ups could to the same and even better for wetting.

I don't have OAB. But if im busy doing something. I'll go with out realizing it. I don't use the wetness indicator. When i can feel the wetness i know it's time to change.

I don't notice until I've already started wetting. If I'm seated, there's a chance I'll get a cramp before I break loose. If I'm out and active, or driving, it goes with no warning.

I was diagnosed with OAB many years ago and i noticed just the same for the last couple of month as you did. It's weird and disturbing
Beside the typical OAB symptoms i have other issues: nocturnal enuresis, ( almost all my life ), urinary retention, chronic bladder infection and occasionally irritable bowel. I guess there is something wrong in the wiring between my brains and my lower parts

I have incontinence without sensory awareness, which is I have zero warning or feeling of a need to go or when I am actually going at all. If I don’t feel the warmth when wetting I have no idea I am wet especially a problem while standing or walking. I figure out that I am wet usually when I sit down and feel the yucky feeling or a leak. My wife yells at me when we are both getting ready and I may be drying off getting out of shower and I am peeing all over the floor not knowing it, we generally laugh about it for the most part, she says point the hose elsewhere LOL.

@Wbwayne11 I’m much the same. I dribble constantly and as soon as I get out of the shower, I’m often dribbling on the floor. It’s like leaky plumbing except it can’t be repaired. Only occasionally do I experience a stream.

That does happen to me sometimes, mostly when I'm having a tough time emotionally I.e. anxiety. All of a sudden I'll realize I'm peeing but I didn't realize I needed to go.occasionally even feel like i need to pee and go to the bathroom only to realize that I must have had an accident earlier even though I honestly didn't notice. Its not common but it does happen. Usually I just don't get enough time between urges to get to the bathroom in time or I stupidly think I have time but I don't.