Wetting when napping during the day

Archives1

Staff member
Hey there

First off. My bed wetting has been linked to anxiety, depression and PTSD. I’m very thankful I don’t have issues when I’m awake. But lately if I take a nap on a Sunday afternoon. I wake up wet. Cannot figure out why.

Starting to make me feel shameful. Especially since I have a bachelorette party coming up. The only diapers I found to hold while sleeping regardless of position are the rearz alpaca and barnyard. They are so crinkly though.

Is this normal to wet during a nap? Can anyone relate?

Have you tried napping in a semi upright position like you are seated in a recliner chair position? Or a reclined car seat
I find lying down i wake with a very strong urge but not if I'm sort of propped up part way

I wet whenever I sleep. Day or night. Doesn't matter. I wear heavy pull up style diapers day and night.I have problems taping a brief diaper on myself so that's why I wear pull up diapers.

I haven’t tried slightly sitting up. But I have a hard time sleeping anyways. So usually if I fall asleep it’s because I’m overly exhausted.

I’ve tried all the pull ups. And sadly they all leak for me :(

I guess I’ll just try to own it on the trip. Better doing something about it then having an accident right?

I honestly don’t sleep well unless I wear a very absorbing diaper. It’s like my body knows

I have found that due to something in the my male plumbing tends to get kinked while sitting upright, like driving or sitting upright as a passenger in a car. The 2 problems with that are if I so much as recline the seat a bit, or climb out of a car it unleashes a massive gusher. The longer seated the worse the flood. The other thing is the spasms, again they can strike at anytime despite my position, the more full my bladder the more painful the spasms. Often they wake me up and my natural reaction is to stretch flat or get up jumping around like an idiot to lower the pain, all while my bladder does “It’s” own thing and empties itself. So anytime there’s a chance I could doze off I add extra padding and waterproof pants just to contain the floods I know are coming. You may not like my answer, but by making sure you are “covered” can mostly eliminate unexpectedly wetting a friends couch or car seat. Believe me, I’ve found it’s better to possibly explain your protection than it is to explain “while” you’re cleaning someone’s furniture or seat!

If I am asleep it's almost guaranteed I will wet myself. I wear pullups during the day but will leak if I am asleep. Simply not enough absorbency /coverage area. I have to be careful with napping. If I purposefully take a nap I put a diaper on.
Where it can get ugly is if I nap without planning on it. In others words falling asleep while watching TV, Etc. in those cases its did I get lucky? Maybe it was short enough I didn't "go" or maybe it was slight enough the pull up caught it. Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

Hi @Dkscray255, Since it sounds like you're going somewhere for your bachelorette party, it will be good to read and consider Sprung87's suggestion about extra padding and waterproof pants. It may sound like overkill but the way I see it is if you're not in your own home it's much better to wear something like that and not need it than to not be wearing it and finding out the hard way that you did need it!!! After all you don't want to have to clean someone else's furniture and then have to apologize. So please consider "a bit of overkill" and have a good time at the party!!!!

I appreciate the support guys! I just wish I could find something a tad more discreet. Rearz are comfortable and I’m 100% certain I won’t leak. But gosh they are loud as ever. At least my friend getting married is a doctor so at least she understands.

I’ve tried soooo many brands and this is the only one that gives me peaceful sleep.

On a positive note, since I found this brand of diaper, I’ve been able to sleep sooooo much better.

Are there any powders or anything you guys recommend to help with feeling dry longer?

Your questions about powders. I like to use regular scented cornstarch baby powder. I apply it to the inside of whatever I am wearing not to my body. I am usually pretty generous with it.
I think there's a couple benefits: (1) I do feel dryer especially when I first apply it. (2) The scent although not overpowering I think does help with potential odor.

@Tim thanks for the info! I already wear diapers that have good order protection but once in awhile I can smell it first in the morning if I had a night where I had multiple settings in one brief.

Is it ok for the skin to just wear one brief at night? I have some nights where I’ll wet multiple times. And some of those times I kind of wake up as I’m going. I just have terrible sleep problems so I hope it’s ok to not get up and change right away as long as I’m not leaking. If that makes sense?

@Dkscray255 I wet whenever I sleep. I’m usually in bed at night for around 10 hours because I do dialysis every night. I can’t get up to change. My go to diaper is ABU Simple Ultra at night.(thinner then alpacas or barnyard) I never leak and I always sleep on my back. I always apply diaper rash cream and powder. For naps I usually wear an Abena.

@BCallahan Thanks for the info! I’m kind of starting to think I need some thinner ones for naps and then save the thick ones for night