Well that was weird, Test today...

Archives1

Staff member
So today I had my Anal Manometry test done today and before we even got that done I felt like the doctor knew that things were not right. The first part of the pre-test as an anal exam and she told me to try to push her finger out..Which I could not do and she said that we are going to go forward with the test to see what the inside muscles were doing. I could not feel the balloon except at the max pressure and only at one point during the test did I even feel like it was inflated at all. I also could not push against the balloon or the catheter at all or feel it when she moved it during the procedure. I did not get the results back yet but felt like she knew enough as she said that she was going to get with my other doctor to tell me what the next step needs to be at this point. Over all if it is bad news I am ready for it as this has been going on for a long time and now all of my team of doctors are no board. I did get the long overdue paperwork filled out and my main GI doctor gave the go ahead to my GI doctor to make sure that it needed to. What some of the hold up has been is that they are not taking into account the pain that I have gone to the ER for. They put together all of the doctor, ER visits and decided that they could say that my issue is both acute pain as well as overflow incontinence so that should help the INS side in my favor with my out of work claim.

Big thing was that the test was weird. I had no feeling like anything was in my bottom at all except for a few seconds and that was it. And I had two ladies doing the test which does not bother me but I left my shorts on the chair like an idiot and the nurse had to move it to get something and asked about the pul-up tucked in my shorts. My doctor was very professional and explained that it was part of the reason for the test today and that she was aware that I was having accidents as it was not noted by the nurse during check in. (Truly she didn't ask and said that she was sorry that she didn't due to my age).. No big deal to me..I have gotten that A lot with all this.

Over all the test was like I said, Weird and I hope to have an answer soon as to what the results said and what will be next as the doctor indicated. So..

Ok, hopefully you get an answer that is good, but really any answer is good in the sense that you know what you are up against and can deal with a known. Fight, accept it, find the best ways to deal with it.
I think you are a brave person and thanks for sharing. You are helping people in ways we dont always know

Good evening FL Guy, You have really stepped up to "own" this thing and you have taken big strides to get answers. I'm glad you found your doctor acted professionally and you felt like she knew what she was doing, which is always a big plus. Please don't feel like an idiot for leaving your shorts on the chair. I can guarantee it happens all the time! After all, we're just human! I have never had such a test but it does sound, as you say, "weird." Most medical tests that are invasive are kind of weird to begin with! I hope they can have a diagnosis for you within a reasonable time so you will be able to figure out where you go from that point on. But I can tell you one thing: you have everybody's best wishes here and please know we are rooting and pulling for you 100 percent of the way! Hope you have a comfortable night!