Well that was embarrassing

Archives1

Staff member
I had a case of betterdry from xp medical coming via FedEx and when they delivered it it was open showing eeeeeeeverything in there. I just took it inside like nothing was wrong but damn. Companies need to do a better job packing.

I have had that happen before so I can relate I would call XP and complain that would be a violation of your privacy one time I had a shipment of diapers delivered the driver just left the boxes by the door and never knocked later that day I had a neighbor knock on my door "Hey man there's a bunch of diapers out here for you" the company that shipped them had shipped them in fully marked boxes I immediately called them and complained that was a clear violation of my privacy under HIPPA

I used to work for tj Maxx which is a womans clothing retailer with a high volume of returns.
People would sheepishly return a gazillion items day after day with long winded excuses and id just gaze past their head and say NEXT
We really didn't have time or interest in who was a repeat returner customer or what was returned.
So, to FED EX guy they were probably just glad the box was intact enough to deliver the contents nothing to see here folks.

I had my prostate removal last June, it was a difficult robotic procedure, I was catheterised for 6 weeks and I had six months of infections after which I was and still am almost completely incontinent, I’m ok when I’m sitting and in bed but other than that I leak, I do pelvic floor exercises but progress seems very slow, any thoughts?

I had one where the neighbor lady got my delivery bc the driver somehow confused my address. For whatever reason she opened it and apparently realized it wasn't hers then taped it back shut. She brought it to my house and I immediately knew what was in the box so I was already a shade of red from embarrassment but it was even worse when I realized she knew exactly what was in the box. The odd grin on her face kind of made sense after I thought about it.
So glad she moved away, it was always uncomfortable to see her.

Don't let it bother you, would you have been embarrassed if it was a box of bandages that she opened? All of us just one step away from being in your situation or in it already. I was stunned to learn about associates I had worked with for years that had to have cancer removed from their prostate or have it removed altogether. They all were quick to share their solutions for dealing with it. At one point I thought death might be better that having to deal with diapers. I was soooo wrong!

Fruitcage said:
I had my prostate removal last June, it was a difficult robotic procedure, I was catheterised for 6 weeks and I had six months of infections after which I was and still am almost completely incontinent, I’m ok when I’m sitting and in bed but other than that I leak, I do pelvic floor exercises but progress seems very slow, any thoughts?
@Fruitcage

Sorry to hear about your condition. However, just curious, how does this relate to justej's original post for this thread? I am not smart enough to see the connection.

It has happened to all of us if you wear long enough. I have had companies ship in marked boxes that sit on our front porch till we get home, boxes torn open and showing my diapers quite a few times. Once while living in an apartment my neighbor knocked on my door with an open box and said it had been delivered to them. Not only had it been delivered to her appt but she or her kids opened the bag and removed a couple of diapers then tried to shove them back in the bag.

I agree with @DPCARE and @jsutej in that processing a box of goods to be sent out should be the responsibility of the vendor to not only ensure it arrives safely through a reputable carrier but also to preserve the purchaser's privacy. I would think that's one function of the HIPAA (someone please correct this acronym if needed)but you know what I mean! I think shipping in fully marked boxes is a gross violation of someone's privacy and is also a flagrant violation of overall decency and empathy on the part of the vendor!

Hi,for me I don't care what people think when I was using diapers for a few weekks now I'm using pads,which is much better.If people are intelligent enough they must know that when we have our prostate removed we will leak What's the difference when a female has her period and using pads,now it's our turn to use pads,some people are just ignorant.I don't hide it when I talk to people or if someone asks me questions about my situation.I tell them the truth so I feal better. Take care to you all

HI @justej I like that way of thinking!!!! It's good that your sense of humor shines through a really embarrassing situation!!!! That's the way it should be done!!!!

justej said:
I had a case of betterdry from xp medical coming via FedEx and when they delivered it it was open showing eeeeeeeverything in there. I just took it inside like nothing was wrong but damn. Companies need to do a better job packing.

That sucks. My recent case from LL Medico had a box that was all but destroyed. Every time I get anything sent through UPS the box is compromised. Every time. What I find is that it is messed up by the shipper. I have contacted LL Medico about another order that the box was bad on and they reached out to UPS about it.. Nothing was ever done.

UPS a lot of times passes off my orders to USPS because of how small my town is but my cases of Diapers are always them so.

Tell you the worst one I ever had. UPS delivered my stuff to my apartment office when I lived in Jax FL. The box was great but none of the logos were covered and it was a case of Abena Delta's. The office said the delivery guy would not bring it up to three flights of stairs.

I had something like that happen to me last month... I ordered a case of ConfiDry 24/7 from LL Medico. I always have them ship my diapers to my local FedEx shipping center, where I go to pick them up. That way, I don't have to worry about "Porch Pirates". They address the box to my name, then "Hold at FedEx", then the address...

Well THIS time, they just addressed it to FedEx, and left my name off the box. So I get there, and the box is sitting on the back counter, opened up, with the bags of diapers stacked up next to it... The staff, seeing it was addressed to FedEx, opened it, thinking it was for them. The only way I could prove it was mine, was that I had the tracking number on my cell phone. I sent LL Medico a "Not so Pleased" message, and they never replied.

Hi @ThatFLGuy and @MikeD9876, that sounds like pretty fair warning about having things sent from LLMedico!!! Although you may like their products, it seems their shipping methods leave a lot to be desired!!! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. And FLGuy, it seems that the UPS guy who wouldn't bring the box up three flights of stairs really wasn't doing his job!!!! I mean they move around heavy boxes all day whether it's in their distribution facility or on the truck. Sometimes I hear them moving boxes around inside the trucks so there's no excuse for getting a box delivered to a customer only half way!!!!! Either they should do it all the way or no way at all!!!!!

It’s embarrassing, but if you truly get to the point in which you do not care what people think that’s the truly most freeing part. And like people have mentioned above we are all in that same situation at some point assuming one wears protection for long enough. And really does it matter.

It truly amazes me in that we are all our own worse enemies. We spin it in our own heads to be so much more than it really is. Sometimes I am so grateful that I made the conscious choice to switch to briefs for any outings other than just the office. In which case I am always protected and much less stress of worrying if my protection is going to leak, or can I find a washroom I can use? Which thanks to covid they are almost non existent anyways nowadays.

We just need to truly love ourselves for ourselves and just accept it is what it is and it’s not a big deal at all. It’s rather trivial to be fair. :)

Said with love and big hugs.

Jason. Be kind to oneself. ❤️