Well, that is not a good thing... Pain is back.

Archives1

Staff member
So at the behest of my Physical therapist, my GI doctor agreed to back of on one of my doses of MiraLax. I am still take the same amount of stool softener pills (3 times a day) but now the gut pain is back with a vengeance. I also have only had one bowel void today that was anything most days. I am going to have to take pain here before bed because I sleep bad last night and have my last physical therapy appointment with the one I am with now. ( I also have to deal with getting on the schedule for a new Therapist today)

Bad thing is that my Therapist wanted me off some of the meds so she can see how things are working without it but right now I cannot even bend at my abs or it hurts too bad..

This is something I will be bringing up tomorrow and I will be stopping off and GI as well if I don't have a new Physical therapist by the end of my appointment.

I just don't know were we go from here.
I still had accidents with taking less meds...
If I take two dosses of Marilax I go more often but the pain is less to deal with until I eat a normal meal then it hurts for a few hours.

The thing is that without the second dose I feel like I do now were I just want to lay down because my guts hurt so bad...

I truly have to talk to my GI doctor again because this is not working without the meds I have to live on tylenol and not sitting up after I eat.

I don't know what is better, going all the time with several accidents a day..

Or not going all the time with a lot of pain and still having accidents but they are painful.

Again I have to talk to my GI doctor tomorrow, but just needed to vent.

Very specific question for you. If I have experience with anything, it is guts and gut pain. Bowel resections, diverticulitis, chrones, ibs, colon cobblestoning, lots of polyps and colon cancer, C-diff infection twice, fast gut, chronic diarrhea.
Question, is the pain very sudden, especially in the lower left gut between your hip bone and pubic area? You are on stool softeners. Is the pain increased when the stool is more solid, more loose, or when it is gas related. Please try to answer the 2 questions and be specific on the solid vs soft vs gas question. Thanks bud.i hope to shed light on your difficult problems.

This is a good time to REMEMBER
Fl Guy has a specific problem related to a specific injury and specific past surgeries

We all have DIFFERENT REASONS to be on the forum from congenital (birth body construction) to severe injury.
Some of us have a light issue like night incontience due to aging or weak muscles.

So what treatment or medications are going to vary hugely

After your prostectomy surgery, have any of you had "killer" pain in parts of your body that one would believe have nothing to do with where the robot went in? (Like the shoulder or down either side of your rib cage? My nurse daughter narrowed it down to intestinal gas that moves up if it can't move "out" No professionals warned me about that, and when I got hit with the first one when I was off pain killer, I thought it was the "BIG" one except hearts are on the left side, not the right side of my chest where it was. I was frozen in place for several seconds, which seemed like hours. I had some vegetable soup last night that let me know right away that I was going to get a theory test sooner or later, and it sure did. (rollover in the middle of the night) couldnt move to reach a phone If I wanted to call somebody for several minutes.

@wml1963 I had a few friends mention that the C02 gas pumped into the abdominal cavity to move the skin away from the prostate so that the doctors have room to work. I was lucky, I did not have this problem. I read on a blog that about 10 years ago the doctors tilted the table so that the intestines are moved toward the head away from the prostate. He wrote that his head was swollen.

https://dansjourney.com/