Waiting for answers.

Archives1

Staff member
In my last posting, I mentioned that my new doctor feels some tests should have been done before ending up with the ostomy that I have now. I am waiting for my doctor to review the records from my first colonoscopy back in Florida. These records mean the difference between reversing my ostomy (this would mean months of hell before deciding if the ostomy would be redone) or doing a total removal of my bowel, colon and anus. That surgery would mean a huge recovery time. That's what I am facing. Both suck but reversing the ostomy if there is no cancer risk is so my new doctor can do more test. I am not emotional ready for any of this but my hope is that we can get thing moving forward to get my quality of life improved.

I’ll pray for all good news for you.
The reversal sounds like all the recovery time needed would be worth it.
Best,

Wow, that's a heavy decision to have to make. I hope you're able to get some good info from your new GI doctor and make the best decision available.

I wish I could say something to ease the physical and mental hell that you are going through. You are a braver man than I am to be even thinking of agreeing to total removal.