Uti and Sulpha antibiotic success

Archives1

Staff member
i never had uti but the past year i had a couple and was prescribed amoxcillin or doxycycline and it worked but i had the sensation of inflammation or tenderness inside what i presume is my bladder even after treatment.
More recently i went through GOOD RX which is an online doctor and discount prescription service. Very easy to use and cut the cost of any prescription hugely. Just google Good RX.
The on line doctor prescribed a Sulpha drug and it worked fine but i DO NOT have the feeling of a tender bladder after finishing the week long treatment.
If you have a UTI you might wantvto ask your doctor about a sulpha prescription.

Following my surgery I had 6 different diagnosis of infection treated with 6 different antibiotics all of which worked to a degree but the infection quickly returned, I was finally given ‘fosfomycin’ 3 gram sachet with a follow up dose 3 days later and the infection has not returned unfortunately this left me in a worse state of incontinence

Of course, we are all unique, and I thank God that it worked well for you, @may941.

I lost a friend to sulpha drugs. His body was as though it had been set on fire!

I have never had them, but that scares me enough to avoid them.