urine retention

Archives1

Staff member
Saw Doc last week and he told me I am retaining an enormous amount of urine and there could be damaging to my kidneys. The strange thing is I have been retaining urine for many years and have had multiple kidney MRI's and all is well. Having a turp is not an option for me because I have seeds in my prostate.
So, it is not obvious what options I have to help. That is the bad news. The good news is I have no pain, and otherwise have no problem with urination. I never get up at night, never have urges I can't control and otherwise am happy with my situation. Maybe medication might be helpful. I take 0.4 Tamsjulosin 5 mg of Finasteride.

Any helpful suggestions are welcome

I hope you can deal with the urine retention. However, I am so jealous that you can sleep through the night without getting up to pee.

@stuart yes I certainly understand your view. I t has been over a decade since I slept through without getting up to pee, cheers Phil

I am with Phil on this one, Self Cath'ing is probably your best option and with all the newer developments with catheters, it is not all that much of an inconvenience. Good Luck