Urinary Incontinence in Men

I have some questions for other men with urinary incontinence. I am a 49 year old man that started having urgency after an incident of pneumonia that caused brain damage because of the lack of oxygen to my brain. All the "urological" causes have been ruled out so they are chalking it up to "neurological" causes. I have been diagnosed with neurogenic bladder. Detrol controlled the urges for years. When it stopped working they changed it to oxybutinyn which worked for about a year. Then the urges came back but this time I was incontinent with the urges. That is when I started seeing a urologist. They have tried me on multiple drugs, trospium then Myrbetriq. Since I started the Myrbetriq I went from wetting my pants one or maybe two times a day at most to wetting every few hours. Clearly it is not working. My frustration is I have had to resort to wearing diapers-which I hate-but I can't find a brand that doesn't leak! How do other men handle "large-volume" incontinence. The testing showed when I was incontinent it was with 800cc's or more in my bladder. That is an ocean! What can I wear that doesn't leak until, hopefully, I regain my continence. Any man with this problems suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Doug

I also have urge incontinenc. I've had it for many years. I wish that I knew a good solution other than wearing high-capacity diapers. If you can't afford top-of-the-line disposables such as Abena Level 4 or Dry 24/7, you might want to try cloth. Laundering cloth diapers and doing what you need to do to keep down the odour from a diaper pail are unpleasant chores, but the long-term costs are significantly lower. Another solution may be less expensive than good disposable diapers is an external catheter with a leg bag to collect the urine. I've experienced exceedingly embarrassing leaks with external catheters and as a result much prefer diapers, but perhaps it's a less expensive solution.

Fieldwork Orange County is looking for Men and Women ages 25-85 who experience urine leakage at least 2 times per day to participate in an upcoming study. Qualifying respondents will come to the agency to have some measurements taken by a professional seamstress on July 13-15 and be given test product on August 9 to use anywhere from 5-13 days. At the end of the 5-13 days you will need to return 1 additional time to our facility to return the questionnaires. You will be compensated at the conclusion of the study!

If you are interested in participating and would like to see if you qualify,please call 949-252-8180 or please copy and paste the below link into your browser:

This is not an invitation to participate; however, it is an invitation to see if you qualify to participate. Depending on the number of responses we may or may not be able to contact all interested participants.

I wear washables and waterproof pants when I'm at home or out for short periods of time, and disposables plus waterproof pants when I travel. Because of the sphincterotomy which I had in 1999, my leakage is continual small amounts rather than a huge gush. I prefer washables because of their comfort and the reliability of their protection. Disposables have let me down several times over the years.