Update

Archives1

Staff member
I saw my urologist today and I decided to go ahead and get the suprapubic catheter. Unless something changes my surgery date is September 30th. I’m nervous yet hopeful

Hi Doug. The procedure is where the doctor cuts a hole in your abdomen and inserts a tube/balloon into your bladder. It’s drained into a bag or you can use a flip flow valve to empty it into the toilet. I’ll have a bag for the first 2 weeks then I’ll switch to a flip flow

HI @justej, I really hope it works out well for you and makes things more comfortable all around. You have everyone's best wishes.

Thanks everyone. I just spoke with the hospital. They changed the date to October 1st. I have to be there at 5:30am! Ugh but at least I’ll get it over with.

I pray that the Lord blesses you with success and comforts you in your healing.

"All things work together for good for those who love the Lord."

5:30AM! The only thing i get up that early for is fishing. Shoot, I would be tempted to hit the snooze and rollover!

At least having surgery so early in the morning means you will get to eat by lunch time, I would hope. Best of luck to you.

Hi @justej, I know those early wake-up calls. Been there, done that! It seems like it's hurry up and wait when you're dealing with hospitals and surgery, etc.! But @Kathylp had a nice thought saying that you may be able to be awake in time to have some lunch. We're hoping for the best for you!

The good thing about an early surgery time is you have to fast before surgery, but it is too early to get very hungry. Hope the surgery goes well for you.