Update on todays test, first results.

Archives1

Staff member
So, a few things have been posted as far as results from my HIDA Scan today. First, the test was easy as far as what it is. The results that I have so far are released by an automatic process so only initially reviewed. A lot of what it says has me with more questions. The tech said that things moved quicker than what he has seen and the results say that "Suboptimal filling of the gallbladder, which began emptying prior to the administration of the provocative meal, which limits the accuracy of the calculated ejection fraction. The calculated EF was 64%, which is within normal limits."

But to my understanding, the calculated ejection fraction cannot be right if they are saying that something limited the accuracy. That would mean that the 64% was not right (But I am not an expert on this)

So I hope to get a call from my doctor tomorrow to see what he thinks but things weird and I am still in a bunch of pain so.

The tech is not suppose to be giving you any information. Wait for the Doctors report. Hopefully you’ll get some answers.

debvollmer said:
The tech is not suppose to be giving you any information. Wait for the Doctors report. Hopefully you’ll get some answers.

I understand that, But the tech and his boss came in and discussed if they were going to extend the first part of the test due to something so I asked about it.

The only thing that I have yet is the automated results from the tech so got to wait to tomorrow and call my doctor.

I didn’t want to sound critical but rather hopeful that you get a clear and concise report from your Doctor. Good luck.