Still no results.

Uhhhh, Doug! Are you sure you want a cardiologist who looks like he eats a plate of cookies a day???? :O:O:O:O What if he tries to advise you about your diet??!!:eek: My cardiologist is a big guy from Nigeria but I don't think he eats a plateful of cookies a day. At least I hope not! After all, it's a pain to look for a new doctor!:(:(:( Or maybe a gift certificate to Dunkin' Donuts, oh wait, sorry, we're talking about doctors, not police!:D

I know, I weigh 240 and I asked him about weight and he says youre ok. Then he added , you might lose 20#. Hell i need to lose 40!

Doug, if you say you need to lose 40 pounds then go for it! Nothing is stopping you is there? Only you have the power to do it! I walk every day. I'd say I do at least two miles although during the summer here in Fla. it's a bit of a challenge. Like this morning my shirt was literally wringing wet by the time I got back to the car! Early Sunday mornings I have a course through a nearby town that's about four miles long. I do this year-round. A doctor I had when I lived in the Philadelphia area said a good goal is to walk two miles in 32 minutes. If you want to get started everyone here will be rooting for you. So please think about it. You will really impress your doctors.

I want to, its just that this initial afib tires me so i stay out of the heat, plus I exhaust easily. Last year I was bodybuilding and hiked 13 miles in the smokies in 5.5 hours r/t, 3200 ft gain in elevation.

I hiked it again this yr 4 mo post prostatectomy and it took 8 hr. That and the heat prbly brought on the afib and im lucky not to be dead as 2 and 3 weeks ago i kayaked 10 miles! Last yr I gained 6# of muscle and lost 24# of fat. Post prostatectomy slowed me down, let me eat.

Given all that, you are right and ive only been on meds one week. Hopefully i will gain some oxygen back. The cardiologist told me this morning to just take it easy, but to take it. Thanks for the encouragement. Im 72 btw

Getting up there, too, Doug, and aren't we all?:O Having read a bit more about you above, I wonder if your cardiologist could recommend a program you can do in a gym. I'm also thinking of a cardiac rehab program which can be geared toward your specific needs. I've been there, done that, myself. Some hospitals or medical buildings have a gym specifically for cardiac rehab. They have a nurse right on site and they will take your BP and pulse, etc. It just can't get any safer and in the summer I think that's a really good bet for you. Some may even have music playing and they will ask what type of music do you want to listen to while riding the stationary bike. I like the Four Tops, brings back a lot of memories!:)

I like the early music and on into the 80s, then mostly country. The trouble is I like to push it, grind it out and I teared up, a lot, when he said to turn it down a notch. A tear didnt fall but only cuz i tipped my head back! I will prbly get Kardiomobile and monitor myself once the get the heart back in rhythm. Then I need to pace myself and thats ok, i have great memories and the ones I dont have are my own fault.
A life coach told me last year how to cast off crap and i had my brst summer ever...I knew at that age it might be my last great physical one since my psa had climbed. So now,I cant cry poor me, but I need to find some challenge that fuels me. I recommend that for all of you...define something you want to do, develop a plan/methods and time table and DI IT!DAMN IT, DO IT! Ive had 3 cancers, 20 surgeries of different types, now the heart crap. DONT MAKE EXCUSES, MAKE PLANS, MAKE MEMORIES!
I dont care if you're wet, plan for it, extra supplies, go by yourself...se things , do things! Thrn REPORT BACK TO US!
THANKS, billliveshere, I needed that challenge. It is accepted!

Okay, @Doug, you are on!:D As I've said before taking into account the hot summer and all, look into a gym, especially one your cardiologist recommends! And he will also recommend what exercises you need to concentrate on. Now I've got to think about something for me to do! :cool: And you are so right in that the incon issues shouldn't stop us if we plan ahead. (The only thing is, money! and Covid restrix). Sometimes I think I'm too practical for my own good! :eek:

Dont put yourself in a prison, for prisons have bars, not windows. Dont resent your condition or you will become a prisoner, a prisoner in your own mind