Update from surgery.

Archives1

Staff member
I just want to say thank god for adult diapers. I ended up with a few days of diarrhea. I won the race but my diapers lost everytime.
I'm back home in my own bed. Pain now is near to nun. I am looking to get back to work Monday morning. I'm a dispatcher for a school bus company. Mostly sit at my desk. That is a plus for me. Now it's time to change a few things in my day to day meals. One thing I will miss a lot is my want for spicy foods. Next is deep fried food. Maybe it's the guy above the clouds telling to knock it off and start treating your body better.
Thank you all for your support.

Good Luck, discpline is hard sometimes-we want to do what is easy-our life is not easy. IT is what it is-be kind t oyourself-tey to go to a medicterrian diet. It will help with the diarrhea. Also I eat a lot of simple carbs sometimes with some protein. Hard-stay away from fried food-not good for a lot of reasons. Also stay away from spicy food-not easy on teh digestive track-I am thinking must be Mesxian descent. All my Mexican descent friends love spicay food. Take care-use your search on the computer to learn about waht diet is best for you. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches-always have. Peanut butter and banana are great on whole wheat bread. Stay away from simple carbs. I don't know what causes teh diarrhea with you. Find out and learn to eat to live, not live to eat. Food is a tool-not a lifestyle. Good Luck at work. blessings-Havard Medical just caem out with a booklet on the Bladder and incontinence. Usually at our stage and it is more than simple stuff-However tehre are some good tips in here-Here is the stuff on it. Bladder training can go a long way toward helping with urinary incontinence. This treatment strategy for incontinence involves learning to urinate on a schedule (timed voiding) and doing pelvic muscle exercises.Get your copy of Better Bladder and Bowel Control: Practical strategies for managing incontinence

Better Bladder and Bowel Control: Practical
strategies for managing incontinence Most people take bladder and bowel control for granted — until something goes wrong. An estimated 32 million Americans have incontinence, the unintended loss of urine or feces that is significant enough to make it difficult for them to maintain good hygiene and carry on ordinary social and work lives. The good news is that treatments are becoming more effective and less invasive. This Special Health Report, Better Bladder and Bowel Control, describes the causes of urinary and bowel incontinence, and treatments tailored to the specific cause.
Here's a step-by-step bladder-training technique:

Keep a diary. For a day or two, keep track of the times you urinate or leak urine during the day.
Calculate. On average, how many hours do you wait between visits to the bathroom during the day?
Choose an interval. Based on your typical interval between needing to urinate, set your starting interval for training so that it's 15 minutes longer. So, if you usually make it for one hour before you need to use the bathroom, make your starting interval one hour and 15 minutes.
Hold back. On the day you start your training, empty your bladder first thing in the morning and don't go again until you reach your target time interval. If the time arrives before you feel the urge, go anyway. If the urge hits first, remind yourself that your bladder isn't really full, and use whatever techniques you can to delay going. Try pelvic floor exercises (also called Kegels), or simply try to wait another five minutes before walking slowly to the bathroom.
Increase your interval. Once you are successful with your initial interval, increase it by another 15 minutes. Over several weeks or months, you may find you are able to wait much longer and that you feel the urge less often. After four to eight weeks, if you think you have found some improvement to your incontinence, do another diary. Compare your initial diary to your second diary to note the improvements in your intervals and the amount of urine you void. The act of reviewing and comparing actually helps reinforce the bladder training process.
For more on treating bladder and bowel incontinence, read Better Bladder and Bowel Control, a Special Health Report from Harvard Medical School.
Read More