Tuip

Archives1

Staff member
Finally had my uro appointment today. He is talking tuip. We are waiting for cytoskopy in two weeks first. Then we will decide. I am feeling nervous at this point.

I was supposed to have cystoscope today but i didnt get the message. They called me and asked if i was coming in. Nope, im at work. Sloppy on their end

Tuip is a mini turp. They make a couple small lesions versus removing big portions. I’ve never had any kind of surgery before. Has me nervous.

Not familiar with any of that. I've heard of a transurethral resection. Is what you're having something like that? Most procedures like that sound worse than they really are. Just ask your doctor exactly what they will be doing and ask about the recovery period such as how soon you'll be able to resume normal activities.

@MightyChi, surgery is a cinch. Once you’ve had one, you won’t much fear surgery in the future, unless perhaps you’re 65+ years of age, when anesthesia is more dangerous. Recovery from surgery... now that’s what sucks. You have little to fear during actual surgery. If you do have surgery, as your surgery date gets close, let your doctor know you’re anxious and would like some Valium or another benzodiazepine to help you cope with the anxiety. I have to take Valium on the days I get Botox injections. If your urologist won’t prescribe/administer it, ask your GP/PCP.