Trusting your protection

Archives1

Staff member
How long did it take for you to trust you diaper I don’t trust them not to leak and have a hard time telling when I need to change. Once it’s wet even after a little void. Do you guys use plastic pants or onesies or anything. I do not like wearing plastic pants as they to me are uncomfortable, but without them I have absolutely no trust and any Diaper I have tried. I like the onesie As it seems to diaper sag. It also prevents the diaper being visible when I bend over. What does everyone use and how do you gain trust in your products

Attends Premier, check them out, Wear a onesie for support, change once a day at most..and don't look back.
Then you can wear waterproof pants or whatever overnight. Can even go 12 hrs. for me, and I'm not sedentary.
Try them out and post back to this thread!

I think it takes many years to find the right protection, right absorbent and fit. I tend to leak at the bottom back of my legs at the base of my buttocks so need a pad to be wide enough between my legs and around my waist. Drylife make some really comfortable side snap plastic pants and I prefer them a couple of sizes bigger so I have that extra loose protection between my legs.

Sadly diapers made me very sore between my legs so I opted to the external catheter which sticks to my penis and I don't feel I am wearing anything most of the time.

@Trucker, it sounds like you need a higher absorbent pad than what you are wearing, which brand do you currently wear and how many litres does it claim to hold?

What are onesies. I wear a pullups and a pad inside plus a plastic pants over top and that gives good protection. I wish I could
find a pullup that is made of plastic like diapers are made of. In hate diapers for day use.

Hi Colin,
They are like the one piece garments we use for little ones but in a size for adults.
Kind of like a long t-shirt with a strip that goes through the legs and snaps in the front waist or the crotch.
They are really comfy and if the sizing is right they do a great job holding everything in and keeps your but from hanging out when you bend over🙂

What's a onesie?
It's a T shirt with a long tail, so long that it can snap up to the front.
Gives support if you're physically active throughout the day and eliminates the plumbers crack situation

af4730679a32773d040fb5f8f3aec0b4.jpg

Thanks for your answers. I thought it was likewhat you use on little babies but I wasn't sure. I like the picture of one that tells it all. Thanks again to you all.

Funny part is the things work great at keeping your shirt tucked in and preventing a sagging bottom, doesn’t matter what age we are. 🙂

I have black onesies/bodysuits like the one @Drawer posted and I also have some that are a tank style so I can wear them under t shirts. They are great.

Trial and error from pads to pull ups of different quality and types is what I had to do as leakage has progressed over the years.I am utilizing Abena M3 pull ups to be secure enough that product will not leak unless penis is off to the side and I will only have a slight leak occasionally. Expensive products by Abena but well worth it for me to be confident in the product that is not going to leak.

There are many great diapers out there. Northshore Care has great options that run the whole spectrum from thin to all day thick. I have heavy needs and when working it is hard to get by with something thin as I do not trust it. I find that a good diaper like MegaMax with a booster, then some shaping panties that help hold it close, then some PUL covers over that are unstoppable most days. I will wear a onesie undershirt over that combo and no one is any the wiser. I might looks a bit heavier, but that is way better than having wet pants at work.

Trucker, I have tried so many things over the years,, I’m sure anyone here that dealt with this problem as recently as the 80’s remember that the only protection you could trust was cloth diapers & plastic pants! The few disposables out there were truly just accidents waiting to happen if you leaked more than a teaspoon...
The reason I tell you this is that Kins/Babykins has a pair of waterproof pants that are a real game changer when it comes to comfort & reliability. At first I was a bit hesitant because they call them Taffeta, and that sounded more like my Wife’s lingerie than anything! I’ve known these folks at Kins for quite some time so I gave them a call and they sent me a pair to try. They wanted to differentiate these from the heavy rubberized polyester pants out there because they are considerably different! They are lighter than a pair of boxers, they breath so it cuts down the heat and they’re so comfortable you can forget your even wearing them. I too get the gap at the top/back of my thighs from many of the better disposables, and these keep things close to your body to prevent a leak in the first place.
When I had my most recent neck/spine rebuild surgery I was wearing a pair over a Northshore Megamax, when I woke up in recovery 7 hours later everything was still in place. I requested no catheter if not absolutely necessary. I had a number of Drs & Nurses ask me where I got them after seeing how well they worked. Apparently they see a lot of this as this team specializes in complex spinal cord injuries, tumors etc. To them it was more like talking boxers or briefs than adult diapers as they are often the ones breaking the news to us that incontinence is now part of your life.
I hope they’ll work as well for you!

no protection is 100% leak-proof but some products work better than others I have learned over the years every time you switch or try a new or different product it takes an adjustment period to figure out how the fit is and the best way to adjust the fit and how well and how fast it absorbs as well as how long you can safely go between changes

I struggle with this too. I have worn maximum absorbency and leaked after only three pees. I have yet to find a brand that will last me more than a few hours. At night I have to set an alarm halfway through my sleep to change into a new diaper so I don’t wake up in a wet bed. I have tried depends, tena and a knock off brand. I may need to start looking at the online sites to see if those are better quality. If anyone reading has any suggestions let me know!

Thank you for the response. I think one of my issue is honestly the fact that I’m such a small guy. Unfortunately they don’t make very many good quality smaller diapers. I also am not sure how a diaper is actually supposed to fit 🤷‍♂️. I like using Dry247 but they are so expensive and they run out of stock of there small size a lot. Also does anyone know where I can get more onesies. I currently have two that I wear as undershirts bc they are tank tops. I would like to find a T-shirt version that looks more like a regular T-shirt that I would not need an outer shirt. Is there anyone to really tell when you need change before they start leaking?

I found a couple of the tshirt onesies from a link someone posted on the website.
You can get them from Amazon, Northshore, google and i bet you find someone that makes a perfect fit.. Etsy is another place for allot of custom made things.

Hope this helps, good to hear from you.

Jim