Trospium, weak pelvic floor

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone taken Trospium?
And I keep reading how a lot of people, like myself have negative and clear doctors reports but still have incontinence.
Could it be a weak pelvic floor/bladder muscles?

Honestly, The thought of the financial. Physical and emotional costs of surgeries or multiple medications makes me just want to graduate up to tab diapers. I’m in my early 30’s and have a supportive wife, friends and family.

If it was a fetish it’s a completely different story. I don’t mind explaining it I guess and if someone’s a @$$ about it, then they’re the one making fun of a weird condition.

About to pull the trigger and get good tabs.

Thoughts?

My doctor prescribed Trospium for me a while back (couple of years?). It was somewhat effective, but not completely. Because I still had occasional issues of incontinence, I continued wearing diapers as I have done for years. Ultimately, although my insurance paid for the drug, I didn't see the value in continuing, when really all it meant was possibly one less diaper change during the day, and sometimes not even that. And, as with any drug, there is the potential liver damage to consider. So, after consulting with my doctor, I went off of it. I don't think there is anything as effective and reliable in dealing with incontinence as a good, absorbant diaper.

@Woodenbelly I always check side effects of drugs before taking anything. Even though my medical records clearly show that I nearly died from acute pancreatitis, several times I have been prescribed something with this as a side effect. Once when I questioned this, the doctor said, I'm sure it won't harm you. I asked him if he would take it in my position, he didn't reply, but quickly found an alternative. Sorry to go on, but if you have liver problems, I would always ask before taking something. Cheers Phil