Traveling, tsa, and urology. All in one post

Archives1

Staff member
I’m going to see my family today. Flying from dc to Cleveland to Denver. I woke up on time. For had my shower got dressed Etc and out the door I went. I waited for metro access and finally headed to the airport. Everything went ok til I got to tsa. I got the usual patdowm which I expected being in s wheelchair. Nothing new. They “felt something hard” in my pants (my diaper). I don’t know how many times I told them what I was wearing but they insisted on a private screening. Basically I had to pull my pants down and be like “see diaper!” And after he felt it he was like ok you can go. I don’t known what the f he felt (keep in mind I’m transgender so I don’t have dude pants) and I was dry so I hope to not go through that again.

And urology yesterday actually went well. I don’t have to cath and I don’t have any kidney damage yet. Woo! My nerves are still damaged so the incontinence isn’t getting better but at least i don’t have to cath!

Take the small victories.
Be with family. Enjoy the crazy thing we call a holiday.
Safe travels, peace.

I flew from LA to Boston the other day to be with family for christmas. Since we travel with a 1.5 year old and 4 year old we get to walk thru the metal detector rather than the strip search rape machine. However my cans of pipe tobacco always flag the system and my carry on always gets searched. Always awkward when the TSA pulls 3 better dry diapers out of your bag in front of everyone. Idk why they cant be a bit more discreet about it.

I understand, and you handled it well I feel. I guess they are doing their job. But its just no fun. Happy you got there and the anxiety is lower.

Urology, is good news, cathing is a pain (6 times a day here or a indwelling:()