Training new UPS, FedEx drivers

Archives1

Staff member
I live in a pretty remote area and my driveway is about 700 feet long and pretty rutted up. So for delivery convenience, I have two lockable parcel drop boxes out at the road.

When I order anything I include instructions to place the parcel inside a drop box and lock it with the provided padlock.

Last Summer, I got home to find my case of diapers sitting on top of the box. There was rain in the forecast that day, but it didn't happen. I let UPS customer service know about it.

I ordered two cases of diapers over the weekend, they arrived yesterday afternoon. I came home to find both cases inside, the padlock was on the drop box, but not locked.

One other time last Fall, the parcel was inside, but not locked.

I can't believe these people can't follow simple, common sense instructions. This is not a difficult concept.

Anyone else have these sort of problems? I guess on the upside, at least my deliveries aren't being dropped at my neighbors' houses!!

Like they say, common sense isn't all that common anymore.

It's possible your information about the drop box isn't being forwarded to the proper people. You might reach out to your local UPS or FedEX terminal to address your concerns

Hey! Welcome to the NAFC.

I haven't really dealt with UPS; only FedEx but I haven't really had issues with getting my packages thankfully. But I can understand the frustration in regards to having to deal with getting personal products delivered.

It's funny where I live; it's hit or miss. Deliveries I normally don't have issues with. My significant other tonight was served with paperwork and I was surprised when he came back because normally when your served there's a police officer. I'm surprised they knew where to find me the first time around.

But if I could tell you my living situation you'd be thinking I was JFK. I remember our art teacher in high school telling us about the Ricochet Bullet cover story. I think about that tonight and how my step dad and I have been talking about there facade the past 6 months.

I'm currently battling a legal situation with my landlord but with my dad and step moms control over myself and myself feeling that my local municipality has gotten involved; maybe that's why my significant other was not served by the police. I really think the chief has it in for me. My landlord allows my dad's control and for the past couple of months I feel has been keeping tabs on myself. But enough about me -

The good news is though; we've started to get Amazon in our local area. Have you had any issues with them? Haven't tried it myself - but I hear there pretty quick.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@spicewerx FedEx is the worst. I live in an urban area, in an easy-to-get-to location, and I still can't trust FedEx to deliver my packages properly. I have had delivery drivers lie and say they tried three times to deliver a package but could not get into the building, all the while I sat at home waiting for the delivery. I no longer depend on them to deliver my packages; instead, I go pick them up at a shipping office in the area. Even then, they sometimes forget to notify me that a package is waiting for me and send it back to the manufacturer after 5 days. I wish I didn't have to use them at all, but a couple of companies I depend on have a contract with them. Ugh :(

JoelCairo said:
@spicewerx FedEx is the worst. I live in an urban area, in an easy-to-get-to location, and I still can't trust FedEx to deliver my packages properly. I have had delivery drivers lie and say they tried three times to deliver a package but could not get into the building, all the while I sat at home waiting for the delivery. I no longer depend on them to deliver my packages; instead, I go pick them up at a shipping office in the area. Even then, they sometimes forget to notify me that a package is waiting for me and send it back to the manufacturer after 5 days. I wish I didn't have to use them at all, but a couple of companies I depend on have a contract with them. Ugh :(

Hey @JoelCairo; welcome to the NAFC. Is Fed-Ex the only option in your area? Possibly Amazon or UPS could be a better fit for you. I've had nothing but good luck with Fed-Ex and I hear they are doing alot of work with the USPS as well. Im sorry your having so many issues.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs Hello. To be clear, I do not choose FedEx as a delivery option; it is two companies I order products from who have a contract with FedEx to deliver in my area. I get other products delivered by Amazon and UPS without any issue. It's only FedEx I have problems with. And, yes, FedEx does work with USPS, but it's confusing because when the package is delivered via USPS and held at the FedEx shipping office, it does not come with a tracking number, which FedEx staff always ask me for. I'm glad you're having good luck with FedEx, but I wish I did not have to deal with them at all.

JoelCairo said:
@Honeeecombs Hello. To be clear, I do not choose FedEx as a delivery option; it is two companies I order products from who have a contract with FedEx to deliver in my area. I get other products delivered by Amazon and UPS without any issue. It's only FedEx I have problems with. And, yes, FedEx does work with USPS, but it's confusing because when the package is delivered via USPS and held at the FedEx shipping office, it does not come with a tracking number, which FedEx staff always ask me for. I'm glad you're having good luck with FedEx, but I wish I did not have to deal with them at all.

That's confusing but I semi sort of make out - so you don't use FedEx but you use USPS and they just don't get your tracking number.

Well @JoelCairo; the good news is that from what I hear since FedEx is starting to do more and more work with the USPS - I wouldn't be surprised if they end up sharing logistic systems down the line which would straighten out your tracking number issue.

The downside to that is if FedEx took over the Postal Service - would they treat it like a utility or a necessity as we recieve our mail today. I've been wondering that for a while.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs