Tips for when small leaks turn into full bladder leaks?

@Koigal sure. I was going to get my cat a birthday present (yea I’m weird) and my friend and I were going down an escalator to get to the metro train and my right ankle gave out. I fell down the rest of the way breaking my ankle in 4 places. When I fell backwards onto the escalator I also damaged nerves going to my bladder. My body was in such shock that I didn’t urinate until the next day when I was home and I had wet myself. I hid it for awhile and got some attends (which were terrible but that’s all I knew) from the medical supply store next to my appointment building. I started going to another online forum and learned about premium diapers. Started ordering from xp medical then switched to Northshore. Told my mom and finally my doctor who got me into a urologist. My first urologist was amazing. She did tests and the first one failed as they couldn’t get the catheter in me. It was horrible and traumatic. The second one she put me under but couldn’t get good results. She then moved onto another practice and I saw this old guy who I hated. He just pushed drugs on me and wanted to talk about me being transgender. That’s not why I was there. I then went to another doctor who was able to get the catheter in me while I was awake. He filled me up with 600ccs of saline and my bladder didn’t spasm or react. He told the tech “ok you can stop now” and he diagnosed me with a paralyzed neurogenic bladder. I also had 7 surgeries on my ankle and it never healed so 2 years ago they amputated my leg below the knee. So yea. Sorry for the long post but that’s my story.

snow said:
@Koigal Thanks for the photo!

@snow No problem, friend. If you try some bigger wipes let me know if they work well for you, if you want. I have yet to use them in public but it's a silly insecurity.

@justej You have been through so much and still keep pressing onward. You should be proud of going through all that and not coming out bitter.

snow said:
@Koigal What were they trying to do in that surgery?

If I remember correctly I had a blockage or something was coapted..not fully sure. The plan was a cystoscopy and they ended up doing emergency surgery. Beats not being able to pee though!

@snow - yes, miss Emma.
eff4a91ca4eb43b8e675732e892e9847.jpg

@BarbaraDrabek thanks. I try to be positive but I can complain like the best of em. Hahaha

@Koigal thanks. I can be bitter sometimes though that’s for sure! I’m in the process of getting diagnosed with a autoimmune disease called HS. It causes abscesses which landed me in the hospital at the beginning of the month and now I have 3 new ones. My sister was recently diagnosed with it and it’s hereditary so. We will see.

@justej I also am sorry to hear about the HS, it sounds awful. Hopefully then can find a way to combat it or reduce the number of abcesses.

Hi @justej Miss Emma is a wonderful companion for you and has seen you through all sorts of ups and downs. And really pretty and fluffy to boot!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your HS diagnosis and I hope that ultimately it won't be too severe or hard to manage.