Three months since prostatectomy

@Hbrownlow Three months is way too optimistic to expect dramatic improvement. I'm eleven months out from surgery, and I'm still not fully continent. However, I have seen a lot of incremental improvement with time. My overall leakage is minimal, but I can't ignore it either. Which means I always have padding wherever I go and whatever I do, just in case. My leakage is strongest at the end of the day when I am at my most fatigued - which makes sense to me. I honestly don't know if I will ever be fully continent, but I no longer worry about it because I have adjusted my life to accommodate incontinence. Please give us updates on your progress. I feel certain in a few months from now, you will no longer be going through 6-7 pads a day.

Thank you JoelCairo for your encouragement. At the start of this journey I said I would obviously like to be fully continent but could live with one or two light shields for the occasional drop. I guess I must just be patient and pray that things do improve as you describe over the next number of weeks/months

I have tried several brands and found that the Conveen works best for me. I use them about half the time and pads and pull-ups the the other half. I use the condoms mostly when at home as they can become loose when I get a surge when standing up after being seated for extended periods. I do like the dryness the condoms provide. I am 4 months post-op and starting to get a small amount of bladder control.

I am just over the three months too and I think I might be seeing a little improvement too with a bit less in the pull ups/ pads. I have tried the Coloplast sheath at home but always have a pull up too just in case in comes off, although that hasn't happened the two times I've tried the sheath. It was good to get a respite from the heat/warmth/wetness of the pads. My only concern is that using the conveen too often might make you lazy about trying to achieve control and doing your pelvic floors

Dan77. Just wondering if it is the Coloplast conveen you use. They have a measurement scale downloadable from their website, basically to measure circumference so that you get the right size and slippage should therefore be less likely.

Yes I use the Coloplast Conveen Optima. I have only experienced slippage one time but that was enough to make me wary.

I like the freedom from the heat and damp feeling of the pads/ pull ups. But like you I haven't the confidence to go out with just the conveen. Since I have only used this method a few times I think it takes time to learn how manage it well. Like you I have only used at home and even then the first couple of times I also put in a light pad