The dreaded morning cleanup

Archives1

Staff member
I usually dont have leaks at night but every once in awhile I do. This morning was one of those times. Soaked bed pad, sheets, pillows (?!?) And part of the comforter. I dont have a washer in my apartment but we have some in the building. They cost 3 bucks a load so I had to have my aide go grt quarters. Luxkily the mattress didnt get wet but ugh the dreaded stripping of the bedding.

Not how I wanted to start the day.

Do you wear plastic pants over your diapers or use a bed pad?I wear plastic pants over mine and very rarely have leaks.

ah yes the dreaded diaper leak clean up I am sure any one of us using diapers especially at night has to through the dreaded clean up due to a diaper leak

Had this happen to me in the hospital the other day, I was wet when I got there and was changed into a hospital diaper and when I woke up everything was soaked!! Man that sucks!! But at least we’re waking up, 😉😁it could be worse!!

This is my life! Due to recent medical issues, I am now taking Lasix. An incontinent person’s nightmare. That’s ALL I need. To have to go OFTEN besides. The good news: I wet the bed anyway, so I take the Lasix at night. I use cheap, Medicaid purchased supplies, so there is always some leakage. I have a full-wave waterbed, so I don’t have to worry about the mattress. :). I wear a pull-up and three boosters. I put a huge bed pad down, which I kind of wrap around me, because my service dog sleeps against me and I don’t want her to get wet (standard poodle - don’t want to bathe her between grooming). On top of the bed pad, I put a chair pad and then I top it with a towel. Every night. Sometimes, I get my sheet/blanket/comforter caught under me and that gets wet. Geesh!

When I was being treated for paroxysmal a fib, I would flood like that, with no way to know when it would happen. Soak EVERYTHING. Apparently it’s known that to counteract a fib, the heart send out a signal to remove fluid from the cells, to help the heart beat better. Guess what happens to that fluid! Your cardiologist won’t believe that, but trust me.

So every time my medical condition changes, I have to adjust my incontinence procedure for the bed. Boy, this gets old!!!!