Thanksgiving

Archives1

Staff member
So need advice about my wife's and I trip to our family for thanksgiving. Will be there for about a week, and will need to send a bag of diapers over before hand. We are planning to talk to my sister in-law to see if we can ship the box to her sense we will be staying with them, but I'm not sure if I should tell them what the package is. I feel like sense it is there home that sending something with saying what it is feels wrong in a way.

I would just tell them it is some supplies you will need for your visit. Unless they come out and ask you, I wouldn't give out a lot of information. Why open up a can of worms.

Kind of know what you mean. One of the things that is certain (alone with death and taxes), is the Power of Gossip. Once told, you have no control over who and when and where it gets passed around. One thing you can probably count on, someone is going to misunderstand, let prejudice and/or ignorance rule their words and actions. You will find out who your friends really are. I was away from home and job for about 6-7 month for Prostate Cancer and Chemotherapy. I could not believe the number of people who felt they were entitled to the diagnosis, the name of the cancer, the treatment regime,the "SideEffects" (and I'm not talking just to the drugs). Then there are the ones who have to tell you how stupid not to go to a particular doctor/hospital/clinic/country, for a particular treatment or alternative treatment. Or church. Was this a concern for me and my welfare? If you think that, what alternative universe are you in and how can i get there?
That given, there are supposed to be advantages to the truth. Some gossips, if they can't get the truth, will make it up.

Thanks-I know-I am a brain tumor survivor and people are so nosy sometimes-what is there to say_ i Lived through it-I don't want to talk about it-it is over-I am busy about living the best way that I can, I have had so much pain in my life-I want the Lord to call me home so I don't have to suffer anymore - as long as I can take care of myself-I am OK-when I start feeling bad-please take me- I have stuff with my Doctor's to let me be.If I break something and get real sick-no drugs-let nature take its course-I have low white cell count-I have suffered enough-no more pain-it is not living to go through this stuff-I was blessed-mind was not cancer but we have lost several in our support group where it was. Good Luck-I hope things go well with you on your visit.

Bob....,
I confess that it did take awhile for me to come to grips with my post-prostatectomy incontinence. Then, one day I awakened realizing that it is a medical condition, which half the people we talk to have in various shapes and forms. That said, to advise someone, when appropriate, that we have a condition and deal with it like putting our socks on every day really is not a big deal. Feel free to talk about it.

I had mentioned to you earlier that I have overcome my leakage issue with a silicone device that I wear 14 hours a day, without adjustment or removal. I do use a backup pad for the stress leakage moments, however. If you'd like to reconsider this alternative, I can provide more info. Now go enjoy that trip. Duane dglisan@comcast.net

Are you driving or flying there? If the latter, the easiest worry-free solution would be to check your box at the ticket counter as a "Medical Assistive Device" which is a no-charge courtesy offered by all carriers under the ADA act, for things like a C-Pap Machine, or even incontinence supplies.

I travel regularly with my diapers in a small or medium-sized black tub with a yellow top lid and zip-tie it so it doesn't pop open, discharging my nappies all over the runway. It's rare that TSA will pop it open to inspect, and you can also put your toiletries bag inside then carry on your luggage.