Tape on Abena Briefs

Archives1

Staff member
Started using Abena briefs instead of pullups recently and am having issues with tape not staying attached... Suggestions on how to get them to stick so that the brief stays tight enough not to leak. Please an Thank You

i would suggest placing the brief slightly higher in the back, and then, when you fasten the tapes, don't stretch or pull them too tightly. Make sure your hands are clean (no zinc oxide or vaseline) of course, but then press them down with some pressure with your fingernails. Chances are, there has been a run of tape tabs on which the adhesive is not aggressive enough. If you wear regular underwear (tighty-whities) over top of the brief, this will help in more ways than one. One last tip: I keep a roll of white duct tape (dollar store stuff is good enough) in my bathroom and tear off a strip approximately half inch by 2 inches and I tape over the tab and onto the landing zone of the front of the brief. This works every time- unless there is some kind of grease on it. When that happens, just wipe it off with a tissue and rubbing alcohol, and try again. Good luck.

That's the key to the whole thing, keep the tape and the "landing zone" area completely clean and free of lotions, powders etc. And I like the idea of keeping white duct tape on hand as well.:D

PLA4 said:
Started using Abena briefs instead of pullups recently and am having issues with tape not staying attached... Suggestions on how to get them to stick so that the brief stays tight enough not to leak. Please an Thank You

If you are using the plastic backed my trick is once the diaper is on rub the tabs between you thumb and fingers to heat them up. I have to rip them off in the morning to remove the diaper using this method.

Other thing is Abena Fix pants are your best friend. I have said this before and I will keep saying it. I just got two of the Abena fix mens pants and they are great, Like boxer briefs with a horizontal fly for a male pad but I use them with my diaper or pull-up.. Got two of them of amazon for like $16 Get them a size smaller than you wear in underwear and they will keep things where they should be.

This goes for cloth backed twice a hard.

I have issues with abena cloth back diapers all the time with the tabs slipping without a set of Abena fix pants.

Another pro tip is KT tape... Like used for sports recovery. It is stretchy tape that comes off in strips and works to keep stuff where it should be.

I too go for the rub them with your fingers as you attach them to heat and activate the glue a bit. It seems to help them stick. No oils/powders for sure.

In the end I have a small roll of packing tape that I use when the tapes pop as I put it on. There is no way I am wasting the money. I just start at one hip and go to the other with the clear tape and I am good for the day then.

I like to wear my diapers tight which in turn means most of the time the tapes come loose. Because I can make it most nights using only one I put a small amount of duct tape over the "factory" tape. One could use the standard old silver duct tape, but I usually get the colored tape. Note that I do not try to take the tapes off in the morning I pull it off like underwear or a pull up. Never had an issue since I started doing this. If you need to be able to get the tapes open this definitely will not work you will tear the diaper open.