Symptoms Returned and Question

Archives1

Staff member
Hey All,

It has been a few months since my last post. Fortunately I had a time where my symptoms seemed to be getting better (never fully went away, but they were manageable). However, now it seems as if the incontinence has come back in full force. I wet the bed last night and the last few days have been really tough staying dry. My question is this, I am noticing that it is difficult to start urinating even when I feel like I need to. Also, even after urinating, I constantly feel like I still have to go. A google search tells me that this could be my prostate, but seeing as how I'm only in my late 20's I would not think that to be the problem. Also when I have gone to the urologist in the past, they have told me that my prostate is fine. My question is, is it possible these two things are related (the hesitancy and the leaking)? I'm noticing that it's becoming increasingly difficult to feel like I've gotta go pee until right before I'm about to have an emergency. All of these symptoms are very distressing and I plan to make an appointment with the urologist as soon as possible, but I thought I would ask around here as well to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

I have been seeing a urogynecologist but since I'm a woman, obviously this wouldn't apply to you. However, he had put me in Mybetriq 25 mg/day which hasn't worked so far so he's going to increase it to 50 mg/day. He's also going to scope my bladder to check it out and may give me Botox injections in my bladder.

I'm not sure if this helps but I hope se. As you wrote, it's time to see your urologist.

Hi, I'm also female so am limited with your symptoms.

Have you had a mid stream or a clean catch urine sample tested?

There is a chance that you may have a low grade bladder
infection? The symptoms are often very subtle but when you said that you often feel like you're not empty and the
urgency took me back to a rough time in my history!

I used to have the low grade infections so often I became very paranoid that the Dr thought I was unclean, which I eventually learned was extremely silly! I then went to full blown infections where the symptoms are very clear.

Anyway this was just an idea. Good luck, Susan

Hi Susie,
I don't have infections. I've been incontinent for about two years. I don't know exactly what is wrong with my bladder (the technical diagnosis) but I hope to find out when I go for my cystoscope which will be in the doctor's office in a few weeks.
Susan

Hey Susie, I haven't had any collected since the last time I was at the urologist. I'm sure they will collect some at my appointment though. I'm unfortunately no stranger to infections :( Although it sounds like you know exactly how that goes. Thank you all for the responses. I'll try to keep this updated so I can relay how things go with the doctor.

Update* I posted this over on another support group board, so I thought I'd give an update here as well. I've made an appointment with the urologist, but she's pretty booked up so it's gonna be a little bit before I can get in. I went out to eat tonight with my parents since the wife was at the movie. I wore a pull-up since I was going to be close to the restroom and I was self-conscious about wearing more protection (stupid I know) but somehow I was ok. Only a few incidents but it all
held. I did wear my Gary Active pants over the pull-up just in case. The urgency feels like it's getting worse. I get very little notice of a full bladder and then I better be by a bathroom or else I'm gonna have an accident. Although when I do feel like I have to go, it's really tough to get started! It's very confusing and frustrating. Just
crossing my fingers that the doctor can give me an actual answer this time around. Thank you again to everyone for the thoughts and support

Pbk123 said:
I have been seeing a urogynecologist but since I'm a woman, obviously this wouldn't apply to you. However, he had put me in Mybetriq 25 mg/day which hasn't worked so far so he's going to increase it to 50 mg/day. He's also going to scope my bladder to check it out and may give me Botox injections in my bladder.

I'm not sure if this helps but I hope se. As you wrote, it's time to see your urologist.

I have also been on myrbertric and many other meds. I have also had Botox injections and Tibial Stimulation therapy. NONE WORKED. Next week, I will have the surgical procedure,Metronic insertion. This is my last resort.

I had my cystoscopy today and will go for Botox injections in June. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!