Symptoms - ideas

Archives1

Staff member
Im 55 years old 20 lbs overweight and have spurts of freq. And urgency The last two months have had it again.
Been on myrbetriq for 10 months. Tried flomax for three weeks recently and feel as it caused bladder retention

Had renal ultra sound - showed some urine retention - this is a new symptom.
Blood and urine tests - no diabetes, psa good, kidney function good, no infection
Prostate "boggy" but not enlarged
Dr. Has purposed doing a CT urogram even though labs all look good.

- I can urinate and have bowel movement (comes with holding urine) , stand up and have to urininate again.
- Get up 4-5 times a night.
- when i am having the most freq. Issues, i notice my scrotum is tight as opossed to loose(no pain)
- noticed not eating can cause frequency

Whew, i tjink that is all
Fairly new to this forum. I really appreciate the support.

HI@Ezb, sounds like overactive bladder. Inside there are sensors that detect urine levels and these trigger signals at the wrong time. Sometimes this could be caused by nerve damage or spinal cord injuries. Check with a doctor to rule out any type of infection.

Feeling like you have to pee immediately after peeing can be caused by retention, and also by bladder irritation. Have you had a cystoscopy? They can look for reasons for long-term bladder irritation sick as interstitial cystitis.

Prostate issues can also cause a lot of these symptoms. A boggy prostate sounds like possibly prostatitis. I had a round of antibiotics last year for that, and it helped my urgency a lot.